Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

SOLD 1964 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by abe lugo, Apr 9, 2017.

1. City: Los Angeles- Downtown

State: California
    Price: 8900.00
    Price update

Mainly posting for good measure. Not completely jumping ship on Fairlanes. I think my heart is in Rancheros, so we will see what happens next.

I've had this car close to 10 years. I got it as an actual Arizona Ranch wagon. Underside still has caked on Arizona desert mud, been cleaning it for years, it helped preserve the floors.

Cleaned it some and drove it to Los Angeles in late 2008.

Engine
    I has a stock 260, claimed to be rebuild at some point. 2 barrel carb.
    Changed the Transmission to C4, could use a bit of adjustment.
    The carb needs some tuning, I cleaned it and used a kit on it, I think I may have set the float level funny. Nonetheless still drive good I can daily it to work no problems.
    Power Steering
    Front brakes converted to Disc with Scarebird disc bracket kit with a Maverick dual manual master cylinder.
    Monroe Airshocks in the rear.

Drive train.
    It has 2.80/2.889 gear, it is the gearing for wagons on that year.

Body
    The PO had sanded and primered the paint and recovered(badly) the interior for his son, the son didn’t like the car so that is how I ended up finding it.

Took it down to the bare metal, only a couple small dents, overall the tail gate is pretty straight.
    I had it repainted Guardsman blue as the interior had traces of blue and some sections of the body had blue spots that seemed to be original paint.

The paint is an OK 10ft-15ft nice paint job- it is about 7 years old now. some cracks, chips. I have small bit of touch up paint. I had some section touched up in previous years. There is not a small round patch in one of the rear sail panels that need looking at as well as a 8" patch in the center of the roof that has started chipping.
    Wear and tear on the paint around the doors.

The trim has been converted over to 500 trim level. All pieces are there. Custom 3M reflective tape used as the orange accent color. Can easily be changed out to any vinyl color or painted.

I found original nice condition seat covers from a 500 4 door and had the rear cover refit to a folding wagon seat frame.
    Rear seat fold down as it should all the hardware works, the storage area is in good condition.
    New carpet, glove box. That is why the A/C unit is not in right now.

Accessories
    I have all the original A/C parts, the engine has the original AC system. The main unit in the car was taken out when the carpet was redone.
    It has an aluminum radiator, I still have the original it came with if buyer needs it.
    Currently it has 15x6 American Racing Torque Thrust Aluminum wheels with relatively new BFG tires. about 1.5 years old, about 1000 miles on them at best.

Glass
    Just got a new front windshield with upper blue tint.
    I have a set of fuzzies for the doors.

Extras.

REAL CA black plates YOM plated added. This had a vanity plate for a long time.

If you need any photos videos or anything please PM- If you want to ship let me know, you will have to arrange everything and also ahve a friend in LA come vouch for the car, that is fine.

Let me know what you think. Ask questions. ask for pictures- more pics wil be added in the albums.. Also will take some advice on selling. Just PM me.
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/media/albums/1964-ford-fairlane-2017-for-sale.46211/

Looking to deal right around 8,900.00 IMG_0576.JPG
    Thanks for the interest.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    1964countrysedan likes this.
  2. Price update 8,900.00 Bump

Last edited: May 5, 2017