Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

***SOLD*** 1964 BUICK RIVIERA 2 OWNER BEAUTIFUL SURF GREEN SURVIVOR

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by BIGREDTODD, Apr 6, 2019.

1. City: RIVERBANK

State: California
    Price: 23900
    City: Riverbank
    State: California
    Price: $23,900 USD
    SOLD!!!

So, after looking for a '63/'64 Riviera for a year I find myself with two. I love them both, but can only keep one. I have them listed them both on the HAMB before I go the auction route, and whichever one sells first will go. I tried to purchase this car last year, but couldn't get it done. After I bought my white '63 (also listed for sale), the owner got back into contact with me & I made good on my offer.

According to the previous owner, this was either a demo or an executive car at the dealership in Culver City, CA until 1965 when he bought it for his wife. It lived in Torrance until the late 1980's when the owners retired to Northern California, where it remained until my purchase. Maybe the "Surf Green" isn't for everyone, but I fell in love with it...and it's a rare color combination, even more so with the correct deluxe green cloth & vinyl interior.

During the past 5 years +/- the previous owner went to great lengths for a sympathetic restoration, as well as taking care of several deferred mechanical repairs. Some of the high point include records outlining the following:
    • Thorough base/clear repaint (shows very well, was not detailed in photos)
    • Rechromed front/rear bumper assemblies, reproduction tail light bezels
    • 1965 Riviera Rally wheels (5 of them!) restored by Rally America, with correct reproduction center caps
    • All new weatherstripping throughout (except windshield)
    • Carpet kit (from Clark's) for interior, matching kit for trunk
    • Refurbished factory A/C system, converted to R134a
    • Replaced heater core, hoses, valving and vacuum controls
    • Valve job on original numbers matching 425" nailhead
    • Mallory breakerless ignition (like pertronix)
    • New stock style exhaust, manifolds back with chrome tips
    • Replaced rear axles seals, select front end parts, and complete brake rebuild
    • Bilstein shocks at all 4 corners.
    • Includes original shop manual, owners manual, warranty book & protecto-plate
    • 5 radial white wall tires (225/75-15)
    This is an incredibly rewarding car to drive. Very tight, very quiet, very smooth car with 117k miles. The 425 is instantly responsive, and the 3-speed ST400 shifts perfectly smooth. The interior is nothing short of incredible, and has matching green Buick seat belts in front, as well as custom matched floor mats. Factory options include:
    • Tilt wheel
    • Air conditioning
    • Power seat (works, but slowly)
    • Power windows (all function)
    • Drivers remote mirror
    • Trunk courtesy light
    This car spent its entire life garaged, and well looked after in California. It is absolutely dry as a bone, with no accidents according to the long term owner. While not a concours car, it could be picked up and driven to a Goodguys show tomorrow. Clear CA title, and I am happy to write up a bill of sale to help minimize any tax or customs implications for international buyers. If it leaves CA, I am going to keep the old black California plates.

If interested, please PM or email me at [email protected]

LF.jpg RF.jpg LR.jpg RR.jpg LS.jpg RS.jpg FRONT1.jpg FRONT2.jpg REAR1.jpg REAR2.jpg DS INT FRONT.jpg DS INT REAR.jpg PS INT FRONT.jpg PS INT REAR.jpg trunk1.jpg trunk2.jpg WHEEL.jpg ENGINE.jpg

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  2. Here's a little better look at the interior, engine, trunk, a bit of the dusty exterior while it was warming up. I had taken a cold start video, but it failed to load right on my phone. I am working on it.