Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

SOLD --- 1955 Buick Special Mild Kustom - $16k

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by zeddman, Apr 14, 2015.

1. zeddman

zeddman
    from Orange, CA

City: Old Orange

State: California
    Price: $16,000
    Up for sale or trade is my 1955 Buick Special. Has a 322 Nailhead, Dynaflow tranny, new brakes all around. Bagged with an accuair air suspension. Paint job is just over 2.5 years old. Interior is fair but could use replacing at some point. She runs, drives and stops great. Contact me for more information and pictures.

NOTE: Side pipes are no longer on the car. They DO NOT come with car.

ASKING: $16,000 OBO.
    TRADE: ONLY interested in 1929-40's Hot Rods or Kustoms.
    Contact Jim.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 3, 2015
    Old Iron Photography likes this.
  2. zeddman

zeddman
    from Orange, CA

3. zeddman

zeddman
    from Orange, CA

Additional information.

1955 Buick Special 2 door for sale. From the pictures you will see she is a great looking car but not a top class show car. It does have some small imperfections but only when you really start looking closely. The paint was done 3 years ago. Over the 2.5 years there has been some small chip and scratches but nothing that can't be corrected. The interior was done several years ago with one tear on the drivers side front bench. But overall is the seats are in great condition and no tears in the headliner. If I were to keep the car I would have the interior done but it is in great condition for it's ago. All inter moldings are installed with nothing missing. The dash is complete with the exception of one heater knob missing. The speedometer does not work but all other gauges do. It has the original radio, but has an amplifier and 2 6x9 speakers with an iPod hook up to provide some good cruising music.
    The frame and body has not been hacked up to accommodate the air bags. A small amount of the sheet metal in the fire wall was removed to accommodate the arms when lowered and nothing cut in the rear. Old springs were removed and the bags put in their place. All 4 tires are on separate switches mounted under the dash to allow you to control each tire separately. Air tank is set up on a switch that automatically switches on when wire is needed or you can manual switch on the tank if you prefer. The front does not have shocks so the front is a but bouncy but will drive smooth at 75 MPH on the highway.
    All the glass is there. The drivers side vent window has been cracked and the passenger side area of the front windshield has a scratch. Chrome on the front and back bumpers is real nice. Custom front grill that gets looks at every car show. The side trim is all there, all trim but 1 piece fixed and rechromed. Trim around the windows is good with some small pitting on the trim around the vent windows.
    Motor is a V8 322 Buick nailhead that starts right up and runs strong. Comes with a recently rebuilt 2 barrel carb. Battery, alternator and brakes have recently been replace. It has no overheating issues. Motor is hooked up to a Dyna flow transmission. Both motor and tranny have small leaks but nothing major. The transmission does not slip gears or miss shift but is not a rocket from a dead stop. This is not a fast car out of the hole, it is a cruiser that starts, stops and drives well.

Title is clear and in my possession. Just had the tags renewed in March so they are good for another 11 months.

I am asking $16,000 OBO

Send me you email address and I can send additional, better quality photos.

4. zeddman

zeddman
    from Orange, CA