Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

(SOLD) 1951 Mercury Flathead V8 (running) & 3-speed OD

Discussion in 'Parts For Sale' started by BIGREDTODD, May 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. City: RIVERBANK

State: California
    Price: $1900
    SALE PENDING!

I bought this flattie from a fellow HAMB'er, who pulled it out of his driver '51 Mercury custom the day before I picked it up. He's the second owner of the car, and the original owner said it had been rebuilt (but no paperwork of course). Was going to put this in my shoebox but decided I wanted to move forward with another project.

Bone stock other than a 6 volt Pertronix conversion. Complete from fan to tail housing, carb (original) to pan. Fuel pump is blocked of, as prior owner ran an electric fuel pump. No air cleaner or exhaust manifolds. Someone installed a floor shifter at some point. Linkage is all complete, but shift lever got lost in the shuffle. Includes good 6 volt battery & rolling dolly w/locking casters. The passenger side water pump nipple got broken while in storage, and will need to be replaced.

Asking $1900...way cheaper than a rebuild!

Local pickup preferred, but I'm happy to strap to a pallet for shipment. Please send me a message if you're interested, or email me:
    [email protected]

Here are some pics just prior to being pulled and the car it came out of, and as it sits in dry storage right now:
    51 Merc.jpg

merc2.jpg

merc1.jpg

merc3.jpg

merc engine.jpg

Last edited: May 26, 2014
  2. SALE PENDING!!
    Happy Memorial Day!

Sent VIA top secret BIGREDTODD Mobile HQ

Last edited: May 26, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.