Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

SOLD - 1932 Ford Tudor Sedan Body - SOLD

Discussion in 'Parts For Sale' started by vintagehotrods, Oct 8, 2017.

1. City: Prescott

State: Arizona
    Price: SOLD
    I am selling a 1932 Ford Tudor Sedan body that I acquired to get the chassis it was sitting on. Surprisingly this was a running and driving car at one time but it needs extensive metalwork due to a butcher in its past that did a awful job of chopping it and then compounded that by brazing it back together. It has a 3 1/2" chop now and will need a another 1" chop to take the braze out to put it back together the right way. The body was fairly solid until that with good subrails and fairly straight quarters and doors. The roof and drip rails are straight and rust free with some straightening needed in the front corners and repair of the added section with the bad chop and brazing. It will need a wood kit for the top opening but the rest of the wood is there although some pieces have been removed It will need some patch panels in the doors and repairs to the bad chop in the A pillars. They also had mounted Pontiac tail lights and a recessed license plate in the rear panel but those have been removed and patched (without brazing this time) but will need hammer and dolly work to finish. The wheel well bottoms have been patched and tacked in but need to be finish welded. The cowl top (no cowl vent) and passenger side including the A pillar have been replaced with new United Pacific parts that are just held in place with a few screws for now thankfully. The body was sandblasted but then allowed to get wet and it has surface rusted again. The body has all the garnish moldings (front pillars, doors, quarter windows, rear window) that are surprisingly chopped quite well. It also includes a dash with the instrument opening flange cut out. Also included is a chopped chrome windshield frame with tinted glass. All other glass is also included with the attached bottom channels. No firewall is included. A funky "wrap around" button tufted rear seat is included if you want it. It will include all the window mechanisms and door latches although I am still waiting for the seller to find the box that has the that stuff for the drivers side and the window mechanism panels for the quarter windows. You can click on this link to a Google Photo Album to extensive photos of every part of this body and every bad part of it. You can enlarge every photo by clicking each photo and scrolling to enlarge it. PM me for more information. This will be a car for someone with good metalworking skills that wants to get into a Deuce Tudor that has all the hard to find parts for under $6000.

Google Photo Album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/OpTDTSFtM0OoZmOi2

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  2. This is the answer I gave about a question about the overall condition of the body. I would say its got good solid metal that isn't thin or pitted but it will need a lot of attention to fix the badly done chop by rechopping it to straighten that out and get rid of the brazing. The front pillars and doors will need the most attention and one side of the roof top where they extended it will need work. I have looked the subrails over when I lifted it off the chassis and they are solid with no rust. There are minor pin holes in the door bottoms and the quarters and some small patches will be needed on the door skins, small spots on the bottom reveals in the quarter behind the doors and one back corner bottom needs work. The back panel will need to be metal worked and smoothed out below the belt line where there were tail lights and a recessed license plate were removed. The floor panel and cross braces are solid and rust free but the very back floor panel has been replaced with sheet metal and should be replaced. The rain gutters and roof sides are straight and solid with no rust under the gutters or pitting. Running my hands over the quarters and doors show them to be pretty straight. The new United Pacific cowl side and top will need to be welded in and finished. Overall this body is worth saving if you have the skills to do it or are willing to learn by doing the hard work it needs. The best thing about this body is that it still has all the good parts (garnish moldings, dash, windshield frame, door latches, window mechanisms, glass channels) that are usually stripped out of a body in this price range. You could cut it up and part it all out (doors, roof, quarters, subrails, UPC panels, plus the other parts and probably make money on it. I don't have room for it so it needs to go or end up sitting outside. Make me an offer if you are interested!

3. PRICE DROP - $5000
    The garnish moldings and windshield are worth $1500 alone!

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017

4. I will be taking it to the GoodGuys Swap Meet in Scottsdale on November 17-18.

5. SOLD - Thanks Bill!