Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

(***SOLD***) 1930's Stewart-Warner 80 mph Speedometer (N.O.S.?)

Discussion in 'Parts For Sale' started by fleetside66, Dec 29, 2019.

1. fleetside66

fleetside66

City: Bethlehem

State: Pennsylvania
    Price: $187
    Here is a beautiful early Stewart-Warner Model 509 80 mph speedometer. Although I can't be sure, it has all the earmarks of being N.O.S. It's in really nice overall condition, with only some mild patina commensurate with close to 90 years of age. The model number & date code are long gone, but check out the excerpt from the 1932 S/W dealer's catalog, where the instrument is described. That 100 mph version shown there is the one that was used in the 1932 Auburn & possibly Studebaker & Hupmobile. It works well. One nice thing about this unit is that it mounts from the front in a standard modern era 3-3/8" hole. It features the factory 90 degree cable hookup adapter & the original mounting bracket. The face is readily removable, as it is only held on by 6 little ears that fold over around the lip of the cup. I did have the bezel & glass off to clean a little dirt under the glass, which were probably condensation marks. I ran the odometer with a drill motor & it moved slightly, as you can see from the pics, so that does work. So does the trip meter. All in all, this a great opportunity to acquire and amazing period speedometer for a reasonable price. Only offered here at $187.

The price is plus shipping, which would be $13 to the lower 48. PayPal would be best, but a Postal Money Order would work, as well. The first P.M. committing to buy gets it.

IMG_4433.jpg IMG_4434.jpg IMG_4436.jpg IMG_4435.jpg page4image3280185952.jpeg

barrnone50 and big duece like this.