Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

(***SOLD***) 1930's Stewart-Warner 8,000 RPM Tachometer

Discussion in 'Parts For Sale' started by fleetside66, Jan 1, 2020.

1. fleetside66

fleetside66

City: Bethlehem

State: Pennsylvania
    Price: $375
    Here is a rare & beautiful example of a 1930's Stewart-Warner 8,000 RPM tachometer. This one is a front mount version that fits into a hole approximately 3-2/10" That actual diameter of the widest part of the cup is 3.173". The unit is in very nice overall condition & features curved glass, the Stewart-Warner "script" on the face & a unique & very hard to find mounting apparatus. It works like butter & is ready to mount & use. I do not know the history of it, but due to the fact that the screws on the face are unpainted, my guess is that it may have had some restoration at some point in time. Whoever did it, did a very nice job. The paint on the cup appears to be original, but the date code is worn to the point that it can't be read. However, check out a page from the 1932 Stewart-Warner dealer's catalog & you'll see a picture of it with the complete description. Examples of this nature don't come along very often, so if you're looking for the cherry on top of the cake, this is it. Reasonably priced at $375 & only offered here.

The price is plus shipping...let's say $14 to the lower 48. I'll pay for the extra insurance, so that we'll be fully covered. PayPal would be best, but a Postal Money Order would work, as well. The first P.M. committing to buy gets it.

IMG_4477.jpg IMG_4475.jpg IMG_4476.jpg IMG_4478.jpg IMG_4479.jpg IMG_4480.jpg page6image3281658736.jpeg

BrandonB, Speed~On and big duece like this.