Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

(***SOLD***) 1915-1919 Reo Speedwagon speedometer

Discussion in 'Parts For Sale' started by fleetside66, Oct 6, 2019.

1. fleetside66

fleetside66

City: Bethlehem

State: Pennsylvania
    Price: $65
    Here is an amazing century old working speedometer from a 1915-1919 Reo Speedwagon, manufactured by the North East Electric Co. in Rochester, NY. It weighs in at over two pounds & fits into a 3-1/2" hole. I did break it down for cleaning, because the glass had some dirt under it that bothered me. All things considered, it's in very decent shape. The glass has a few tiny blemishes & the bezel has a ding, but that's about all the faults that are evident. I mean, something has to happen in a hundred years! I did lube the steering gear, as it was a little stiff & it now responds nicely when spun with a drill motor. It goes up to 65 mph, which was pretty darn fast in the teens. The trip meter works & (strangely) the odometer is set at zero. This speedo would be killer in a period banger or speedster, no doubt about it. As you can see in the pics, the unit has a shroud that encases the actual body. It's held on by the two nuts on the mounting studs. The flange on the shroud is about 5/8" from the bezel flange, so this whole affair must have been the very simple way it was secured to the wooden dashboard (which really WAS a board). There's no reason that, with a spacer, it could not be mounted to any flat surface under 5/8" (utilizing the shroud). Or, you could just fab a couple of "L" shaped brackets. Obviously, it'll need a custom cable to mate to your particular tranny. This should be a piece of cake for Rusty of Speedometer Service in Colorado, who is a HAMB vendor. He's a good guy to work with. This thing would look great in an old speedster build. Be the first on your block to own this incredible piece of automotive history. HAMB priced at $65.

The price is plus shipping...let's say $13 to the lower 48. PayPal would be best, but a Postal Money Order would work, as well. The first P.M. committing to buy gets it.

IMG_3764.JPG IMG_3767.JPG IMG_3766-1.JPG IMG_3762.JPG IMG_3768.JPG

Jeff Pandora likes this.
  2. fleetside66

fleetside66

3. fleetside66

fleetside66

If you're building a speedster, this would be perfect for the prime gauge on the dash. Officially 100+ years old I still working & looking good. All of that history, rarity & functionality for $65. And those wings!