Register now to get rid of these ads!

History SODAC"S Vermillion So. Dak. Car Club

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 59BuickWagon, Mar 2, 2010.

1. I had an inquery today from a guy and I couldn't be much help to him. He has an original Chicago Metal Craft plaque and wanted to know if I had any information about the club.

I informed him that I bought the 8000 patterns for the CM plaques but that there was no paperwork or history with them. And in this case I don't know what the club name means either.

Anyone on here have any information I could pass on?

Thanks,

Dennis

Attached Files:

2. Big Dad

Big Dad

I am from 15 miles from Vermillion and have never heard or seen one before

3. Any old(er) timers you could ask?

Dennis

4. I'll ask my dad. he grew up East River.

5. 61bone

61bone

I have seen that before. Probably in 62 or 3. Thats when we worked in the vermillion area.

6. Thanks guys.

Could it be something like So(uth) Da(kota) Cxxxxx's?

Is there a local slang for South Dakodians like SoDacs?

Would that make North Dakodians NoDacs?

I'm looking for "the power of the HAMB" to kick in.The answer is out there somewhere.

7. We use the term SODAK, never seen it with a "c", maybe C's in the 50s were like ZZZZZZZZ's today? rat rodderc's?

8. LMAO Trent

So today the C would go to K and that's why you call them the SODAK Kustomz, right?

Dennis

9. 200WINS

200WINS
    from Vermillion

Got your email reply Dennis thank you, So far there isnt much info about the SODAC'S club however there have been some recolection of the plates being around in the 50's. I will try to follow up on this, hopefully there is some good stories behind the mystery club.

10. bttt for the weekend readers.....

11. Dzus

Dzus

Might want to ask the guys around Sioux City also.

Before '63 state abbreviation 2 digit standardization, references to South Dakota in books was often abbreviated 'So. Dak.', and North Dakota 'No. Dak.' (Minnesota was Minn.).

Growing up in western MN any conversational reference to South Dakota was 'SoDak' as in:
    'Had to make a run out to 'SoDak' to pick up a load a cattle.'
    or
    'It's pretty rust free, it's got 'SoDak' plates.'

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
  12. I hear you, but the spelling on this plaque's title is SODAC's and that's what's got us stumped.

Dennis

13. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Old thread pulled from the bowels of the HAMB archives.

Any newbies know anything about this club?