Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Social distancing & seemly endless rain = cabin fever

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Callmaker

Callmaker

Living here in Coker Creek near the main road, you would never know anything was going on, the motorcycles and truck traffic are non stop, I take the Uni out every day...

2. 856.jpg The wife and I were getting a little cabin fever today. It was a beautiful day here in the high 70's. So we took the Nomad for a little cruise. Only about 40 miles round trip. We never even stopped for a milk shake at the drive tru. My wife said how do you know if the kid making it may have sneezed. lol It's hard to think of all the little things that it takes to be 100 % quarantined. Even though we live out in the country. We also do the Wal-Mart pick up for our supplies. My youngest daughter and grandkids are either home bound, or at our house. I face time my oldest and her two kids, who live in Md. So we're making the best of it. I hope you HAMB'ers are keeping safe too. Ron....

3. Yeah Ron, I know how you feel, One of the local funeral homes called Brenda and ask if she could make a casket piece for them, she scraped together enough product to do the job and we decided to take the Ranch Wagon out for a spin and leave the Magnum Wagon at home, anyway we went to the shop, then to the funeral home, the weather was nice and we one up'ed you guys, we stopped at Wendy's and got a frosty and drove home,all in all our sanity might last another day or two. :D HRP

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
  4. Straight Axle Guy

Straight Axle Guy

Cabin Fever is a great excuse to get that rod project done! Get her done son!

40ragtopdown and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  5. Me and my GF took the Ford down to Captree on Thursday after work to feed the birds, it was a nice ride. Been rainy ever since and cold. January and February were warmer than March. Running about 41 all weekend and rain of course. Took my OT ride down to the Jones Beach water tower and back on Sunday. Today, bone chilling raw and rain.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  6. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

I was working in the yard last night and heard this nice loud rumble coming up the road, I live in the country and a lot of hot rodders like to cruise through here. Looked up and a beautiful red big block C2 Vette Convertible was rolling down the road, car sounded like it belonged on the strip. Been seeing a ton of nice stuff out on nice days lately.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Desoto291Hemi likes this.
  7. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

I'm heading out to a junkyard. 50 degrees,muddy and wet. Perfect!

8. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The main highway in front of our house is normally buzzing with traffic. So most folk are heeding advice. We are not suppose to cruise anywhere in our hot rods. 3D36125D-3F37-4E52-A460-0BCB5DF2A276.jpeg BA351835-5491-465A-8050-6EF2D65B6FEA.jpeg

chryslerfan55 and Desoto291Hemi like this.
  9. Slopok

Slopok

Love em, but they always give me a head freeze!:eek:

10. 392

Got old beater ready for work tomorrow. 45 in morning and 68 in afternoon. No heat and no side windows make morning drive chilly but fun.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  11. sliceddeuce

sliceddeuce

I have heard, from a somewhat reliable source, that if you dump a little Kahlua in the Frosty that will not happen.

Algoma56 likes this.
  12. Gman0046

Gman0046

Kentucky weather looking good for the rest of the week. I'll be driving the Poncho.

65pacecar likes this.
  13. Tacson

Tacson

Sunday mid-day took the wife to show her where a venue is for a mid July craft show. Danny the ride was exceptional....

Attached Files:

14. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was in the military in the 60's. Hurry up and wait was the mantra.

I'm an expert at doing nothing so this is not really bothering me. Another thing the Army taught me.

15. tb33anda3rd likes this.
  16. With all the closures world wide due to the pandemic nothing works like normal.

I received a call yesterday morning from the skin cancer clinic informing me my appointment scheduled for April 7 was cancelled due to the covid-19 but I was ask if I had any thing that needed attention, I told the caller I had spot on my arm that I felt should be looked at.

I received another call from the doctor yesterday afternoon and he ask for a couple of photo's, we talked while my daughter sent images to his email, he told me it is a squamous cell carcinoma I need to come to the back door of his office at 8 AM this morning for a close look and removal.

When I arrived he was standing at the rear door, dressed in his normal white lab coat and got me in the chair and went to work, the whole procedure took about 20 minutes and I was out the back door.

I kind of felt like a rock star and getting preferential treatment, he told me this type of skin cancer needs to be taken care of and not put off any longer than possible, he told me with being closed all they would be doing until the pandemic is over the only patients they would be seeing is ones determined as a emergency procedures. HRP

17. Danny, I got a call from skin doctor office, to re-book appointment scheduled for next week, and ask if any issues. Doctor called me back, updated her on area she's been monitoring. Was offered the same-pictures or video chat. My wife is an ET/wound care nurse, so was able to say there's been no changes, so okay to go until re-scheduled appointment. If anything changes, just call.
    But we are heeding shelter at home, pretty staunchly. She goes to work, I'm here at home. Stop the spread.

18. Slopok

Slopok

I think Wendys is open for breakfast, now go yourself another Frosty!;)

19. They offered me the face to face video chat and I called my daughter to see if her phone was compatible to the I phone, we struggled with it and finally decide to talk on the phone and take photo's.

Good to hear your problem is not pressing. stay home,stay safe. HRP

20. Around here we call it brain freeze! :D, eating it too fast, not so bad with a small one but I tend to get the larger one. HRP

21. Shamus

Shamus
    from NC

Unplugged the OT convertible, dusted off the pollen. put the top down & took an hour drive around the county this past Sunday. This morning got a call from the Nurse at VA Clinic to get up for my appointment next Monday & take the Doctor's call - no in-person consults, TP only. This too will pass!!

22. Slopok

Slopok

That all depends where your brain is located, I'm not that fortunate!:rolleyes:

partsdawg and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  23. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'll bet most of the politicians in DC can eat those right down with no problems like that.

24. realsteeler

realsteeler

The reality of longer power cuts, with no one to fix them, could well be the future we have to look forward to here.
    On the strength of that, I better get these two things hooked up and running. ( old 1940's Lister diesel and old water pump )

Attached Files:

25. cupboard running low. Anybody have a recipe for a can of pumpkin pie filling, relish, something brown in a bag in the freezer and Chinese food hot mustard packets?

26. { Stone Soup };)

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  27. For me, the time I've had working from home hasn't been all bad. Been able to take some walks after lunch and even taken lunch on my deck. I have been noticing the birds returning. I say notice because I'm not what I would call a bird watcher. The Robins have been here for a few weeks. Next I noticed two male Cardinals fighting over territory in the back yard. Late last week I saw about 6 Osprey's circling up high, I think they were scouting a place to nest. Today I saw my first Blue Jay as I looked out the back door. He was only 8 feet away on the deck handrail.

28. I run a business that works on food equipment so we are staying busy. I pulled out the 56 Nomad to come to work.We have to keep eating but no one says going to work can't be fun.

29. raymay

raymay

Weather is starting to get better here and I have had a couple opportunities to take one of the cars out. Each day I do try to spend as much time as I can outside and I enjoy taking long walks. I was thinking of picking a nice day and get a couple car friends to cruise together out along the lake then maybe hit the drive-thu at one of our normal summer Cruise Night spots, park in the parking lot and eat in our cars. I guess it could be a good way to practice our safe Social Distancing while enjoying our cars.

30. Boodlum

Boodlum

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020