Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Social distance drive

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PIECRUST&RUST, Apr 10, 2020.

1. PIECRUST&RUST

PIECRUST&RUST
    from kansas

With everything going on I've been dying to just get my car out, plus I had some transmission adjustments that needed a test drive. Its still social distancing if its around the block and im not stopping to talk to anybody right? lol. Once I run the gas tank empty though shes staying parked until the stay at home order is lifted.
    20200409_170409.jpg

35cab, dlw1932, Deuces and 20 others like this.
  2. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Can't blame you...hope you had a T-riffic Time...Stay safe;)

3. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I figure that any drive is social distancing if you don't stop where there are a bunch of people standing around or go somewhere where there a bunch of people unless you are on a mission with a shopping list.
    I was out looking for something for a project yesterday and went by Home Depot and there was a line outside the door as they were letting people in one at a time as someone exited the other door and I decided that I really didn't need to look for that thing right then. Habit store was closed or I could have found what I wanted for about 3 bucks.
    I live on one of the three major north'south highways in the state and this time on Easter weekend it usually one car after another going by in both directions and traffic is reasonably light.

5. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

I won’t say anything, took mine out to bring some masks my wife made for my granddaughter who works at a retirement home (yikes). Gave her some pepper spray too. Laid down a little rubber at each stoplight......

6. Casey Riley

Casey Riley
    from Minnesota

In Minnesota we are allowed to take pleasure drives during this "government life lock". I'd be driving a car like that now more than ever. They salted 10 days ago here otherwise we would take a drive tomorrow.

7. Since the world has been turned upside down and we are under a stay at home order by the governor, Brenda's flower shop has been deemed non essential and we can't open the doors to the public.

We got a call this morning from a local hot rodders wife and her husband died in his sleep last night, we have known these people for many years, the funeral home says they can't have a service with any one but the wife and their children, it will have to be a online service, all our distributors for flowers are closed.

Brenda pulled out all the stops and got in touch with a couple of florist at home and we met them at their shops and cleaned out their coolers,at least she will have flowers on her husbands casket.

The plus in all this is I was able to get out in the wagon and drive around today. HRP

mail.jpeg

i.rant, Rocky72, bchrismer and 27 others like this.
  8. lake_harley

lake_harley

I'm a bit confused.....does your granddaughter use the pepper spray on the residents of the retirement home, or it just to keep others at a safe distance? :confused:

Lynn

9. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

We had a huge social distance cruise tonight in Rapid City SD. Cars I've never seen and folks that I haven't seen for quite some time. I think folks have cabin fever and want to get out. The group I run with we're pretty good keeping our distance but I saw lots of people in tight groups.

10. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Go for a ride as long as you don't stop and breathe on some one or let any one in your car..

11. Good for Brenda and you/I'm sure it meant quite a lot.

12. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

It’s up to her, she’s a smart kid

13. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Have you thought about curbside pickup? A lot of business are doing that here. That’s all I use, grocery, beer and wine, ice cream, hardware. I haven’t stepped into a store yet, stay safe HRP

14. A woman in nearby York county, PA was pulled over for an alleged broken tail light. Cop decided her trip wasn't essential and wrote a $200 ticket.

15. .....................OUCH!!!!:eek:

16. Yeah, that really skews the economics of cheap gas!

17. dan31

dan31

^^^ Yes ,the 4th time you go to jail and catch corona:eek:

Deuces and chevy57dude like this.
  18. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Good for you and Brenda! It’s because of people like you that this country is as great as it is!!

Hombre, Deuces, Texas Webb and 2 others like this.
  19. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

I guess that you don’t understand, but this is a car forum, not a political forum. There are places for rants like yours, but they don’t belong on the HAMB.

20. This subject is about driving our cars, not a rant about the laws! I would like to drive my car, and if it has to be an essential errand, then that's what I'm going to do...

Hombre, Deuces, Texas Webb and 2 others like this.
  21. I suppose that would work and believe me we have thought about that, the problem is all our suppliers are shut down because the national suppliers are not importing, we are still able to procure some indoor and out door plants and we will do our best to help the community.

It's sad a loved one can't have a proper funeral, the family is not able to gather together to grieve, friends can't gather to pay their last respects, no flowers and no funeral procession to the cemetery for graveside rites.

I hope and pray this pandemic comes to a end sooner than later. HRP

Hombre, Deuces, dirty old man and 3 others like this.
  22. alfin32

alfin32
    Member Emeritus
    from Essex, Ma.

image.jpeg Not another car to be seen.

23. Hang in there guy's we will get through this together, stay safe. HRP

24. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

We took the convertible out for a drive this afternoon. Stopped at Culver’s grabbed burgers fries and malts. Drove to our veteran’s memorial park ate our dinner then drove around some more before going home. We had a great day, it’s beautiful out today.

Deuces and firstinsteele like this.
  25. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

From my drive to essentially drop of masks and pepper spray to my granddaughter 9671B4F5-9589-42BB-BA22-9851C9FC23FA.jpeg

Hombre, Deuces and 63fdsnr like this.
  26. Stan Back

Stan Back
    from California

What's a "CLEANSERS"?

27. AldeanFan

AldeanFan

I’ve been using the old cars for all my driving, which is once a week for groceries and once a week to take supplies to my parents.

Today a bunch of the club members met in a parking lot and went for a cruise for about an hour. Although we kept our distance it was very therapeutic to at least see other adults and get out of the house.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

28. Amen to that.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Deuces and nochop like this.
  29. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

I live in a rural area. I went out for a 30-40 mile run today on two-lanes. I only saw a couple other vehicles and didn't talk to anyone. So, I consider it therapy.

i.rant, Deuces, Texas57 and 3 others like this.