Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical SoCal Spring hangers?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rusty, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Rusty

Rusty

Am I the only one that sees a problem here? The newer socal forged spring hangers are about 3/4" shorter in length then the standard 6" hangers you get from most vendors measured off the back of the housing. Called them up and said there's are normal and they have had them like this for 7 years, I just find it hard to believe that they would install there crossmembers further forward then stock
    Style on a 32. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. a few years ago i did notice that the lengths from Pete & Jakes and So-cal were different , caused a little problem in a build and needed to make an adjustment

3. Pete Eastwood

Pete Eastwood
    from california

If you are using a 32 spring, with the curve, the hangers will be shorter & mounted at an angle.
    If you are using a 35 / 40 spring the hangers will be the longer.
    I use Pete & Jake's

4. alchemy

alchemy

A lot of height difference in them as well.

5. Rusty

Rusty

These aren't the shirt style like for a 32-34 spring, these are there version for straight spring, Just not sure why they would make a bracket that is shorter then the industry standard since 1935

Hotrodder3031 likes this.
  6. Rusty

Rusty

It's a optical allusion but there actually really close that way

7. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Not only are they shorter but they will sit the car about an inch lower. I used to stock them but quit and went back to P&J's 35/40 length hangers.

Hotrodder3031 likes this.
  8. Rusty

Rusty

So I wonder why they would make a one off type hanger that is unlike any of the industry standard

9. They are junk !

I've gone around the block with their parts and tech department a few times. Once was those hangers, and again with their shackles. I won't deal with them.

The above reasons are quite valid
    There's long and short hanger configuration via Henry parts too.
    Using the short curved spring hangers with a straight spring will move the axle back lengthening wheel base and make the housing too close to the crossmember. And that's why Henry made long ones. Using the longer straight spring hangers with a curved spring shoves the axle forward. That's all true unless you cut and move the crossmember.

Higher or lower, put them both on a 3" pipe and line them up , you'll see it then if you can't see it now

10. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

If I remember right the cross stays in the stock spot and the shorter hanger pushes rear back so the tire becomes centered in the radius

Wooster and RICH B like this.
  11. Happydaze

Happydaze
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I can't comment on the SoCal cast items but the pics above make it perfectly clear. Their other hanger (not cast/forged - made of the more usual flat plate) are again shorter but also ride noticeably lower, as has already been mentioned. That had me headscratching with a frame I'd got from Ionia - problem went away when I substituted them for P&J's.
    Chris