Register now to get rid of these ads!

So you're running a flat six...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Spoon, Sep 2, 2005.

1. Spoon

Spoon

Well what else is under your hood?
    What carb/s are you running? I can't seem to find a rebuild kit for my stock Ford carb, and I'd like to swap it for something easier to find pats for. 97? Too much fuel? What do you think?

Spoonie

2. jazzbum

jazzbum

ive used autolite 1101 one barrels, they work really well and flow at most 250 cfm stock. i've also heard the holley 1904s are good, and they flow less, somewhere between 130 and 150 cfm, i believe. the 1101s are pretty ugly though, unfortunately, so if youre running without a hood or something then they may not be your best choice for looks. the holleys look ok though.

i would see what they have to say about it on cliffordperformance.com

3. peanut

peanut

what flat six do you have?

4. Spoon

Spoon

H series
    226 Ford

5. blueskies

blueskies
    from Idaho

I have a pair of Holley/Weber 5200's from Langdon's Stovebolt Six on my '50 Plymouth 230 flat six.

Very happy with the way it runs.

Pete

[​IMG]

6. Spoon

Spoon

I checked out your web site, nice stuff! Good links too. Unfortunaly, there's hardly any leads for Ford L6s. Do you have any good pics of those exhaust headers? I'll just build my own. Same with the intake.
    I like those Holley Webers though. Thanks for the advise.

Spoonie

7. I have a '50 Dodge 230 flathead six, running two plymouth carter/ ball & ball. My '55 Ford had a 223 ohv six with two glass bowl holleys, both ran homegrown split manifolds for exhaust.

8. Plymouth/Dodge 230 L6's are alive and well! Mines stock until I get the car on the road. I see that Restorides have adaptors to mount Holley 2300 2bbl's, might be worth a look. Not to hijack the thread, but are headers really worth the trouble and expense, considering that the motor's only gonna hit 3500 revs?

9. 4woody

4woody

Two Carter B&B 1 bbls, but rebuilt with custom jets by an 80-something year old guy from Pa. who's been rodding them since they were new. It is not a carb that was made to be re-jetted, but he has his own jets custom made by a machinist buddy specifically for dual-carbed flat sixes.

Attached Files:

10. peanut

peanut

i have a 226 H too. i have not done anything to it yet. i did cut the carb mount off of the intake and milled it flat and bolted a block on it for a 97 or 48 berg. and am going to do a split manafold. and come up with some type of dist. for it.

11. 390kid

390kid

that is a thing of beauty.

12. I picked up a 226 that is supposed to run (who knows) also a four speed with overdrive to go with it, anybody know where I can find some info on these. Im saving it for something without fenders/hood.

13. Spoon

Spoon

http://www.vanpeltsales.com/FH_web/flathead_six-cyl.htm

What kind of 4 speed O/D did you get?