Register now to get rid of these ads!

So-Whats in your uhaul

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 46mopar, Jan 9, 2004.

1. 46mopar

46mopar

Ever wounder what some people use moving vans for. Well they make good RPU haulers if you have a plan. SoWhat the new master of bing -bing will show you how it's done.First try to use a trailer to ramp your RPU inside but as you can see this doesn't work. Like he said quote trailers suck.

Attached Files:

2. 46mopar

46mopar

Plan 2 use a hill and back you moving van up to the hill then give it hell .

Attached Files:

3. why where you guys movving it? Did you buy it?

4. 46mopar

46mopar

plan 2 works I was there scarry but ture. Next step turn on the temperature control on because you don't want your RPU to hot or to cold and your ready to roll. [​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. lulabelle

lulabelle

OH SHIT!There's gonna be a rumble at posies.

6. onelow48

onelow48
    from Maryland

Ha 46mopar. Clark built his! Did you build yours?

7. 46mopar

46mopar

paybacks for the sand shower on the beach and the whole nut sack ball bag thing.

8. onelow48

onelow48
    from Maryland

(46) See you tomorrow. At the playground a 2:30! It's
    ON.

9. tragic59

tragic59

So... How are you gonna get it back out again???

10. That's what buddies are for [​IMG]

Attached Files:

11. skipstitch

skipstitch

Maybe if they do a neutral drop at 5000 RPM's to reverse it will just jump out of the truck....What's the worst that will happen?!? [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. jdubbya

jdubbya

Is this the low buck version of Night Rider?

13. For the full story...We tried flat towing the roadster to Florida (key word "tried") The wagon we tried pulling the roadster to Florida ended up with a bad draglink. After fighting it with the roadster behind it, we unhooked it in NC and I drove the roadster and my wife faught the wagon the rest of the way down. I enjoyed the trip but her nerves were shot. Not being able to find a draglink in Florida, we needed a way to get both vehicles home...Uhaul
    Moral to the story....next time leave the wagon at home and just take the roadster!!
    Clark

14. skipstitch

skipstitch

Ya know, there's a spousal abuse joke in there somewhere.... but I can't find it!!! Aside from her white knuckle ride, glad the trip was "eventful"!!!!

15. Stitch ..I've got a pile of pics for ya but I think I'll leave these out!!!
    Clark

16. jdubbya

jdubbya

Just giving ya a hard time Clark, a friend of mine that was at the Turkey Rod Run was telling me all about your truck, he was amazed when I told him where you were from. One of these years I will make it down there, The u-haul idea was pretty cool! -Joe

17. skipstitch

skipstitch

Hey Clark...I look forward to the pics and your "article". Looks like you guys had a great time!!!

18. jdubbya..I think it's funny. Everybody knows my RPU is far from a trailer queen.
    My father did the same thing years ago when the gear drive in his pick up spun the keyway. It bent a valve or two and the easy way was to fix it at home.
    Clark

19. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

This is like having a trailer queen, only po' man style!
    Did toe-dollying it over not work? (maybe I missed that info in the replies)
    To answer yer original question: once bought a '54 Olds where the front bumper/grille assembly was being stored elsewhere. After purchasing the car, because none of my friends had a truck, I literally rented a U-Haul camper Toyota to retrieve the bumper/grille (they were out of plain ol' pickups). My mom being on my case for buying this thing in the first place did not help. As I left Mom's to return the U-Haul, I Y-turned in the condo driveway, forgetting about the clearance issue, pulling forward into bottom of the OPENED garage door!
    That didn't improve her idea of the project, either.
    Damn, that was a long summer...

20. Humbolt ...the roadster wasn't the problem. The 62 Ford wagon flat towing it was the problem. I thought about pulling the wagon with the roadster (the roadster does have a hitch)but I was drinking at the time.
    Clark

21. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

"Trailer Queen???".........NOT!!!!! We know who you are Clarkie........
    [​IMG]

22. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

thats the pics I was wanting to see.. should have gotten one with the wagon in tow... better that then leave it in FL broke

23. onelow48

onelow48
    from Maryland

Very cold today! No Uhaul ! Grabed this pic on the way to
    Posies today.

Attached Files:

24. onelow48

onelow48
    from Maryland

Very cold today! No Uhaul ! Grabed this pic on the way to
    Posies today.

Attached Files:

25. I had always wondered about doing this, thanks for stoping me now before I even tried to do it lol!