Register now to get rid of these ads!

So whats better...CHRR or NHRR

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Monkey, Dec 15, 2005.

1. Monkey

Monkey
    from Owasso, OK

I know California Hot Rod Reunion has been going on longer but I've heard good about both.

Any opinions??? I want to hit one of them next year and I'm trying to make up my mind.

Thanks,
    monkey

2. Rusty

Rusty

The Dirty's will be going to Hot Rod Reunion in Bowling Green, KY but would love to Got to the reunion in California. You wont be dissapointed in KY

3. oldspeed

oldspeed
    from Upstate NY

Not to Hijack this thread but I have been considering the HRR in Bowling Green, do you know if a date has been set for 2006, I was wondering if it's worth the trip.

4. Monkey

Monkey
    from Owasso, OK

From NHRA website:

CHRR----

Registration forms for the 15th Annual NHRA California Hot Rod Reunion presented by the Automobile Club of Southern California, will be available in the spring of 2006 and tickets will go on sale June 6. The Reunion will feature top nostalgia drag racers competing in such categories as Top Fuel, Junior Fuel, Supercharged Gassers, A/FX as well as a variety of exhibition entries. October 6-8, 2006 are the dates.

The weekend includes hundreds of street rods, customs, and muscle cars as well as the Reunion Swap Meet, Manufacturers Midway and lots of celebrities. Friday night will see the CHRR Reception in the DoubleTree Hotel ballroom, and Saturday featured the Pit Pass Barbecue. Plus the sensational "Cacklefest" will fill the grandstands as more than 40 historic race cars push-start and then line up side by side where they all "cackle" simultaneously, lighting up the night! AAA members receive a discount, too.

NHRR----

Registration forms for the Fourth Annual Holley NHRA National Hot Rod Reunion, presented by DuPont Automotive Finishes and produced by the Wally Parks NHRA Motorsports Museum are now available. To register, please click on the 2006 NHRR link to the right Tickets go on sale January 10 by calling 1-800-884-NHRA. The Reunion will be held Friday through Sunday, June 16-18, 2006 in Bowling Green, Ky. The Reunion honorees will be named soon. The Reunion will feature a fabulous array of cool drag cars, street rods and customs of the historic and present-day hot rod eras. Grand Marshal for the event will be named soon.
    Among the nostalgic drag racing classes showcased on the track will be Top Fuel, Junior Fuel, Supercharged Gassers, classic Funny Cars, Fuel Altereds, classic Super Stocks, and a variety of exhibition entries. The weekend Reunion program features a giant hot rod festival, including pre-1972 street rods, customs, classics and muscle cars; the Reunion Swap Meet; Manufacturer's Midway, Friday night NHRR Reception at the Holiday Inn University Plaza Hotel and Convention Center Ballroom in Bowling Green; Saturday "Pit Pass Barbecue"; and much more!

monkey

5. I have been to both twice. I really enjoyed both, but they are very different from one another. The CHHR is more dragster/roadster/coupe "race car" oriented. It has an incredible number of cackle cars and actual all out drag cars than you'll see at Bowling Green. Bowling Green on the other hand has about a million or zillion or more "hot rods" and "rat rods" and less dragsters and cackle cars. I stopped counting hot rods at about two bazillion and just walked and walked and walked looking until my feet fell off. If you want cackle cars out the kazoo, got to the CHHR. If you want hot rods (street rods), got to Bowling Green. Both are fantastic shows, but different.

Beep

6. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave

It's Fathers Day weekend, June 16-18. I like 'em both. You get a wider variety of cars at BG, but a limited amount of blown nitro. If you're into top fuel and funny car, Bakersfield can't be beat. They also have more "professional" type cars where BG has a more nostalgia fwell with all the gassers and superstockers and oddball altereds. BG is cooler from a spectator view as you're much closer to the track and the stands are covered. I don't know about the car show part, but I think BG has more cars.