Register now to get rid of these ads!

So what the hell did you get done?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 296 V8, Mar 30, 2008.

1. Ozzie

Ozzie

Installed the front sway bar in the 50 in the parking lot of the apartment complex, neighbors were wondering what I was doing to "someones" old car.

2. CruZer

CruZer

I finally got my nerve up and drilled the hole in my windsheild frame and mounted my windsheild wiper on my roadster. Then I wired it to a cigarette lighter plug so I can pass the stupid vehicle inspection here in Mass.
    That is, as soon as the temp gets above freezing and I can drive it to the inspection station.My top is at the upholsterers,so I'll be driving it topless for awile.

Not as exciting as what some of you all got done. That's for sure.

3. Al Napier

Al Napier
    from Central CT

Road Trip to PA on Saturday, picked up this gem for my Nostalgia Funny Car Project:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Got some stretching to do to fit my homemade 125in wheelbase chassis but will try to keep with the theme of an early styled car....

Al in CT

4. Paul

Paul
    Editor

my father gave me his '55 Roadmaster
    so my little brother helped me haul it home

looks a bit rough but
    the motor has less than 50 miles on it
    and it does run real nice

Attached Files:

5. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

I worked on my wheels. I'm trying to sell my brake lathe so I had to shit or get off the pot. I really like the old look of the machined lips. To me polished 5 spokes are a modern innovation. They came out good enough for me. 10 footers that were once on some long forgotten hot rod with some small "beauty marks" 15X6 which are hard to find. I'm dying to get them mounted.

6. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

It was nice here, but windy, so welding was out. I reworked the valve cover on my daughter's Nash and put some more of her engine together. Went to a car show Sat. nite, took the 50 Burb. had a couple side jobs to add to the Model A fund.

7. Went over to my dads farm and retrieved 2 8BA flatheads. Pulled the heads exhaust and intake manifiods and cleaned out the mice nests and dirt daubers .Sprayed them with diesel to try to loosen the rust.OldWolf:)

8. lowered my '50 Dodge three inches in the front by cutting a coil and a half from the front springs. still rides like a dream and doesn't hit the bump stops. [​IMG]

9. Wicked Tin

Wicked Tin

Dug the caddy out and started some much needed cleaning and polishing. Took off the trailer hitch ( yah you read right ). The idiot I bought the caddy from had installed a trailer hitch and lets just say I would be very suprised if he actually hauled anything with it because it was not a done very well:eek: I just got the car last fall so there is no shortage of things to do, besides there is too much salt on the roads yet and we are supposed to get another 6-8 inches of snow here today:mad::mad::(

10. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

Sold some old junk at a swap meet and bought an original 32 grill insert for 40 euros. :)

11. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I'm trying to get this done....

[​IMG]

It's very very close.... two days left...

12. TorqueWench58

TorqueWench58
    from Plano TX

I finished the seat covers for the back seats on the Merc .. still have to finish the front seat cover .. but should have that done today and in no later than tomorrow night.. She should have a brand new look for this weekend!!!

13. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Not really a one weekend project as I've been chipping away at it since January, but my pickup went from this:
    [​IMG]

To this:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Shortened the wheelbase 8 inches and gave it a little rake when I yanked the parallel leafs and installed an I-beam truck arm rear suspension with a '40 ford front cross-spring (thanks for the tech, Clark!), ditched the '53 bed for a shortened up early one that I pieced together from various sources(thanks Reichart90!). New small front shocks, new (old) mirrors, Fixed a bunch of piddly little shit that has been buggin me for a while, put some insulation inside, I still gotta do something about that hideous fuel tank. Reminds me of a big red tumor... eww. The good news is I spent the entire weekend beating the living hell out of it! :D

Next weekend I'm gonna fill and peak the grille shell. Also gonna section it another 1.5" so the cowl top is at the same level and it won't look pignosed. A new air cleaner is in the works too...

14. JDHolmes

JDHolmes
    from Spring TX

After 2 solid weeks of troubleshooting and adjusting (a newly rebuilt motor), it fired and ran for the first time. Hallelujah!! Now, waiting on radiator and hoping it gets here by Wednesday so we can drive to Austin.

Cleaned the shop which had been neglected because of above. Shaped and cut a replacement passenger floor pan for a 72 cutlass supreme.

Spent an inordinate amount of time removing bolts from doors/hinges for a replacement door for the 55 wagon.

15. tobyjuarez

tobyjuarez

After I had to plant 2 trees in the back yard,
    ,, reseed the grass in the front yard,
    ,,,hung blinds for in the front window
    ,,,helped build a lemonade stand for the kids.

After that,
    I was able to get into the garage, and I almost finished wiring the shoebox. not yet,, but almost.

16. ALindustrial

ALindustrial

paint some on my truck, finally decided on the red i will be using... its looking fairly decent for a rattle can job :D

17. We tried to re-invent the wheel all weekend long,,,:rolleyes:

We did get the clutch/brake installed after cut it up in a hundred pieces,,,,and yesterday we made the bracing and floor and the seat riser for Daves pickup. HRP

18. Chops

Chops

Well.... After finding cancer in just about every spot possible in my fenders, we got all that out with new patches installed and was able to get the fenders shaved and frenched, hoping to be in primer by friday.

19. Ramblur

Ramblur

Cut and tacked a bunch of U and J bends into some semblance of
    headers. Hope to get the drivers side done by this weekend.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Bort62

Bort62
    BANNED

21. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Buttoned everything up and drove my '57 Plymouth wagon 15 miles with no issues at all, the first it has been driven since 1982 (half its existence!).

It will turn over 100,000 miles almost exactly when I get into Austin for the Roundup, how cool is that?! Like a new life.

It's still a rusty hunk of shit, but it's rock-solid as far as floors and frame are concerned and it has a brand new wiring harness so it's safe. Just going to be a fun beater.

This is the only pic I have of it on this computer, look for it in Austin a lot lower and with whitewalls. ;)

I'm pumped.

Attached Files:

22. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Built some tailpipes for the 56 New Yorker to get the noise out from underneath it, and bought an 87000 mile, steel crank 440 motor and 727 transmission from a 68 Imperial for $500

23. invizibletouch

invizibletouch
    from Mobile, AL

Still waiting on my timing gear set for the 51' sooooo....

Made progress on Jr's soapbox. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. Mudville

Mudville

Helped my buddy move all his tools and equipment from a superb 40X60 shop (with AC) to a new home with a regular size garage that has a small addition on one side. He is turning 62 and wants to scale back a little. It was breaking my heart to watch him sell off some stuff and give a lot of stuff away. He is the guy who did all the immaculate body and fab work on my 51 Fleetline. We worked 12 hours on Saturday and my ass is still draggin'! Wish I could come to Austin. Started new job to pay for the finish on the 51 and need to stay hooked up here. Will be at Pate Swap Meet on April 23-26. Look me up at 8th and Andretti. Wish I had a Hamb flag to fly!

25. skidsteer

skidsteer

old beet --- just whut did ya "punched a few holes in" ?? -- my inmagination runs wild, but then again, I get the runs a lot ........

26. Hot Rodz R Us

Hot Rodz R Us
    Member Emeritus

On my Model A Roadster we raised the windshield post back the factory height, cut a new windshield out of colored lexan, fabbed and mounted upper and lower shock brackets and put on new shocks for the front, and made a custon driveshaft tunnel. Trying to do a few changes before warm weather hits, because then its all driving unless its a "have to fix" situation.

27. skidsteer

skidsteer

I went to the S.E. Pennsylvania "H.A.M.B. & Scrapple" breakfast. No, you don't really want to know what scrapple is made from. Does the phrase "variety meats" mean anything to you?

28. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

finished the accessory brackets and adjuster on the 300 inline Ford.
    Got the box on the 54 and started designing blind mounts.
    Took out the transmission tunnel and started building my own on the 54.
    Started working on the dash.
    And put on the 4th anual daily driver cruise to World of Wheels Duluth Mn.

29. alienboyfinney

alienboyfinney

I slept through school does that count!

30. rodknocker

rodknocker

c-notch'd my shoebox.

Attached Files: