Register now to get rid of these ads!

So what the hell did you get done?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 296 V8, Mar 30, 2008.

1. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Me? Ok my good buddy “ stud- hud “ helped me out today and I got almost all my “rusty car junk shit“ (according to my lovely wife) moved from the now ex’s house to my little new shop. Now I can work on my “ COOL RUSTY SHIT” thanks Dave.
    So WTF did youall bitches getter done?

[​IMG]

2. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

I got my bed support struts fabbed up, welded in place, for the front of the Effie drag truck, because the bed floor and front have been de-commisioned. welded up a lot of holes from various doo-dads that were attached to the body, that I no longer require, and built my Turbo 400 type crossmember, to replace the old Y-Block biscuit- type bellousing member...
    A little bit closer, anyway...:D
    Then I sat on my ass...

3. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

The Dubble A is a roller now... got that situated last Thursday when I played hookie from work. I stripped down the donor engine of most all the useless crap that was on it, but now have realized I am going to be forced to run headers. The motor is now sitting in the Dubble A between the frame rails, but only resting on a 5000# cargo strap stretched across the rails.

4. VNCduke

VNCduke
    from Washougal

Me and my dad decided to figure out why the 235 in my 54 was running rough (just bought it). turns out the metal oil delivery tube to the lifters/rockers and shit was snapped in half somehow so they werent getting any oil at all. so we made a temporary fix on that and adjusted the lifters and she runs incredibly better now, this all took place in heavy snowfall

5. BlackMagicKustoms

BlackMagicKustoms
    from Denton,TX

I was talking to one of the guys at the shop about his bald head. He said that while driving it's nice to get a breeze on the scalp. So to assist him in a further experience of scalp dusting we put the roof of his A a little closer to said item, 8" closer.

Attached Files:

6. Installed new clutch, pressure plate, and related small stuff. Actually been a longer project b/c school and family priorities. My first one, so I'm pretty proud. I swear it runs stronger now. These old heaps somehow know when somebody is taking care of them, and they let us know they're paying attention too.
    Whoever was into it before me used a stack of washers on a bolt that was too long for pressure plate hold down. Also used a screwdriver shaft strapped to drive shaft to counter balance it too.

7. FINALLY got the rpu (black one) I purchased in january home and in the shop. Painted backing plates and drank beer in the sun with the crew that showed up to help lift the rpu off the truck...

[​IMG]

8. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

i cut my fender off with a sawzall, and started removing all my smashed up suspension parts

9. Sloppyseconds

Sloppyseconds
    from Pasadena

Took half the top end off the Caddy motor in the A and started to detail it getting ready for Pomona cruise Wed. night

10. Flatman

Flatman

I finished up mounting a temp gauge for the rad,
    007.JPG
    finally mounted a wiper switch to match the headlight switch ('54 Ford)
    008.JPG
    and picked up a nice '37 ford rear view mirror (tinted) at the swap meet this morning.

Flatman

11. Got my 40 donor-parts chassis for my 34 ford coupe home and ripped the pan off the flaathead to find a busted cam. Yanked the engine out and prepped it to install it on an engine stand. Made a huge mess in my garage and tracked nasty oil in the house when the phone rang...DOH!
    The flathead is still hanging on the hook and will be until I get enough time to deal widdit.

12. brewsir

brewsir

Stripped the back of the cab on my 49chevy P/U and started beating out the dents and fixing rust. Also tore the top end off of my Harley for the second time so I could fix some leaks and adjust the rocker (one shaft was binding) Runs like a raped ape now...except for the charging system thats not working aaaarrgghh!

13. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Nice:cool:

14. 2-TONED

2-TONED

got 'dirty' as hell today putting nice shiny painted stuff back together. :eek: ----rollin around on the floor like a dog.

the steering colums back in the 34 pickup (leaned it down some for more comfort & clear the ram horn.)
    got the front end back together & in.
    figured out the caster, im right where im going to be. -
    visited skyspop sat night found some steering arms in his garage & they are going to work out ppppppperfect!
    didnt want to cut my super cherry 39 spindles so i went to another guys garage & grabbed some with arms already wacked off. now i hafta paint that stuff. i might be back on the road someday........

15. Woob

Woob
    from Falcon, CO

After not being in the shop since Nov of last year, I finally got the last pillar welded solid and the cut I made to widen the roof on the driver's side filled on the '58 Cab.

[​IMG]

I should be able to get to the doors shortly.

16. fergenboysinc

fergenboysinc

Drank beer and worked on my 32.

17. Ratty55

Ratty55
    from Frohna,MO

I bought a bunch of parts from King Chassis and cut the hell out of my fingertips in the process.

18. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

i watched it rain most of the weekend......................

19. duecevw

duecevw
    from oc calif

Pushed my project 32 5 window outside the garage swept the garage and pushed it back in. Does that count as anything ?

20. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

finally found a buncha parts at teh swap meet I needed to progress on getting the truck back together....then proceded to continue ripping it apart to the frame....eh I'll get it done someday

oh, ripped the front clip off the 49....found some rust through in between of the front fender and the cowl I know was not there when I built the truck initially 10 years ago in New Mexico (now in florida for the past 8 years) friggen florida....errrrrr

21. old beet

old beet

Drank a few beers, punched a few holes...............OLDBEET

22. The Hop Walla

The Hop Walla
    from Dallas

Got the master coat of Blitz Black on my newly refurbished dashboard. Soon I'll submit my first contribution to the HAMB (with pix). About time I started pulling my weight around this joint.

dka

23. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Only if you downed a few in the process. I did :D

24. jonny o

jonny o

Warmed it up, rotated the tires, tightened the header bolts, drank a beer and scratched my balls.
    Still too much salt on the roads.

25. chopt49

chopt49

installed new smooth firewall

Attached Files:

26. Got the frame out from under the 41 coupe and put the mustang II on it and pulled the jag rear up front and got it mocked up. got the shifter in the 48 plymouth and got the steering in same car. oh ya fed the chickens!!

27. Muttley

Muttley

After looking everywhere on God's green earth for the last seven months for something to replace my Coupe/Pickup.....................I bought a car. Stay tuned to your local channel for breaking news on that subject.

28. TOYBOX

TOYBOX

I Put An Extra Hump On The Dash Of My 57 Chevy Cab. Now What To Put In The Hole. Any Suggestions?

Attached Files:

29. Wildfire

Wildfire

Built the headlight bar, put the headlights through the dishwasher, heated & bent the shock mounts to work, installed front shock mounts in the axle, decided that my car needs a hood.

30. Split a manifold for a 235, mounted the body on a 48 Chevy panel truck, moved my brothers Nova into the shop, yesterday I installed a new head unit and satellite radio in the mustang, worked on my bike, shopped for parts on ebay.