Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical so what is it?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by nutter_street_rodder, Mar 2, 2018.

1. nutter_street_rodder

nutter_street_rodder
    from Nevis MN

eBay car for sale as a '32 Ford sport coupe. Since I have one I know that body isn't right. But it sure fits well. Wasn't there a Huppmobile that was very similar to Ford?

eBay # 292467943041

2. scotts52

scotts52

Definitely interesting looking. The hood looks like Chevy doors. s-l400.jpg s-l400 (1).jpg

Texas Webb likes this.
  3. Very nice.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. Deuces

Deuces

It's a custom......??

5. Probably done by one of the custom coach-builders of the day for a discerning (read that wealthy) client.

LOU WELLS and Texas Webb like this.
  6. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

I recall seeing this being posted before on HAMB at some time within last 2yrs.

Sent from my SM-T355Y using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

7. Frank Carey

Frank Carey

Possibly by a European coach builder. They may have imported cars without bodies and done the coach building. Maybe for hi-$$ clients but possibly cheaper than importing a complete car - due to import duties, lower labor costs, etc.

8. zzford

zzford

I recall that in the mid 30's (34 ?) Huppmobile used Ford bodies or body parts from Ford. In the deepest darkest recesses of my mind, I recall seeing a photo of what appears to be a 33 -34 Ford, but was a Huppmobile.

9. Squablow

Squablow

Hupp used Ford bodies in '34, I have the dash rail from one for my '34. This looks like a European body to me, I think there's a thread on European Ford bodies that shows others that look just like this, or similar.

Frank Carey likes this.
  10. I posted a thread about 4 different coach builders 1932 ford designs a last year,there were probably others. HRP

4 different 1932 Fords
    From what I can see it looks similar to a 1932 Ford Cabriolet Coachwork by Pininfarina

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018