Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods So, what do you think is the coolest hot rod engine ever?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Roothawg, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I love Nailheads, I have a 401 and a 425 for oncoming projects...my 34 has a 312 Y Block, which is a nice and good motor too... but what I end up using is mostly 283s and 327s... don´t know exactly why, it just feels right and I like them.

2. hotrodyankee

hotrodyankee

I really enjoyed this thread, thanks for sharing. I'm glad I grew up in the 50's and 60's seeing these engines first hand.

3. Ed's reportedly did for a short time but they got gutted in a vain attempt to stop the frame from breaking while hauling between shows. I have first-hand accounts from two people who claim to have heard it run and a photo of Ed working on it at a show which sure looks like he was getting ready to start it (air cleaner off one carb, gas can sitting behind the car, etc.). I built my Mysterion clone to run and drive. Haven't tried starting it yet ( I hate starting new engines) but that is the goal. You do realize this is a piece of fine art first, a car second? Even if/when I get it running, I will not drive it more than a few feet at a time. I BARELY fit in the cockpit and the un-comfort quotient is off the chart.