Register now to get rid of these ads!

So Now What ?

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by riceman, Feb 7, 2009.

1. riceman

riceman

Roger "Riceman" Lee is here. I have come to like Front Engine Dragsters since 1965. I have scratch built a few models out of brass, crewed on AA/FD, AA/BAD, BB/FC, AA/FC, NOSTALIGIA TOP FUEL AND CIFCA F/C FOR OVER 30 YEARS. So now I am building a large scale model, 1 to 1 scale of the Jim Brissette's 1964 Woody Gilmore Chassis Top Fueler aka Cackle Car. This was the 5th chassis out of Woody's shop, Race Car Engineering and was driven by Wild Bill Alexander, Paul "The Kid" Sutherland and Kelly Brown. This BB/FD (354 cu in) ran 219 mph on October 6, 1965 at San Fernando. I have constructed this car in my garage. The only things I haven't done is bend the tubing, weld it up and had Doug Kruse replicate the Fuel Tank like the one he built in 1964. I will have it at the March Meet in the RAW ! Come on by.

2. Lucky667

Lucky667
    from TX

Riceman, Hello & Welcome to the HAMB from South Texas.
    Wish I was closer.

Lucky667