Register now to get rid of these ads!

So my daughter is a rockstar.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flatheadpete, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

Great stuff....nice to hear others getting their young-uns out there with em!
    Mines 20 months....He learned righty tighty, lefty loosie @ 10 months... kind of a curse really, we now dont now have ANYTHING in our house that screws on that you can get a grip on attached...he also knows the difference between a flat head and a philips but hasnt figured out the wrench sizes yet....bugger just hands me the one thats closest....eh its a step in the right direction...

funny part is, I spend more time building cool stuff for him than working on my crap....I got his 37 ford stroller done a bit back and my pop just brought him a 1945 radio flier that needs work....read, its getting lowered, slick paint and a stripe job....

dig it!

makes me proud when the lil' guy would rather hop in my (as he calls it) "ruck" and "drive" hitting the switches till the air ride runs out.....he even makes the sound the sylonoids make when they actuate and busts out laughing & gigglin when they do....

2. nuthead

nuthead
    from Alpine,CA

My Daddys little helper is two and a half and one of her first words was Hot Rod.She loves riding around in & working on daddys cars.I couldn't be more proud.Heres some pics.

Attached Files:

3. El Santo13

El Santo13

I got two daughters an the oldest is a gr8 helper for clutch adjustments, light operator and the ever important flashlight holder. Iam trying to teach her the value of old stuff and how easy it can be to work on your own stuff. We have another on the way an I hopin' for a boy...but I'll take whatever we get. I sooo happy my wife an kids get into cars from our lowriders to my homies traditionals, that make life worth livin'

4. Scarebird

Scarebird
    Alliance Vendor
    from ABQ, USA

My daughter, Katrina, is now twelve and got a 1979 Trans Am 3 years ago. She helped get a proper Pontiac 400 for it, and we are slowly collecting the pieces to complete. This summer when my shop is done will mean a trip to the paint shop and lots of sanding! She wants it Cherry Red with the big ol Chicken on the hood.

We are replacing the ugly-ass stock nose with a 72 urethane nose (thanks Verdean!)

Attached Files:

5. Trucker Jr.

Trucker Jr.
    from Fresno

My little guy (5 yrs. old) had the attention span of a nat and couldn't wait to get home when I took him to car shows. That was until I took him to the drags last year. Sitting on my shoulders, ear muffs on...ground shaken, nitrous smelling ear to ear grin! I couldn't get him to leave! Now he has the ear protectors, sorry...special racing ears on the shelf next to his "car show hat." He wants to go every year now.

6. When my Daughter was a little over 2yo, she got out of bed one night and went downstairs into our garage for a little wrenching session.

We got up to check on her in the night and couldn't find her after searching the house, we found her in the garage with all my wrenches spread out on the floor trying to remove the front wheel of my 27 T Roadster. After a sigh of relief that she was found and ok, I'm grinning, That's My Girl! hahaha

At 8yo, she has now been corrupted by Momma and converted into a princess, and is no longer Daddies little grease monkey helper. I'm still hoping to win her back to the darkside! Time will tell :D

7. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Awesome Pete, I just hope my little one turns out that cool.

-Dave

8. GlenC

GlenC

I've got five children, four girls one boy, and grandchild number seven is due any week now. but I've got three of each so far.

They make living worthwhile.......

Cheers, Glen.

9. HOT40ROD

HOT40ROD
    from Easton, Pa

That great my daughter use to help me in the garage. Now she is all grown up now and out of college. Just yesterday she was home and we went fishing. As we were fishing she ask me if I would help her fix up a 1969 chevelle if she got one. I said Yes. I guess its in her blood too.

10. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

That's my kind of woman;) :D

11. I love those moments with help from my grandkids and family, those moments are priceless and etched in my mind forever. Rags

12. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Her newest thing is her socket set. She puts them on whatever that particular socket fits and spins the ratchet in the wrong direction. Can't wait for #2....August.

13. Pete1

Pete1
    from Wa.

"Rig up a coil and battery and show her the spark jumping the gap--that should impress her.
    Don't let her touch it--she'll retaliate a few years down the road by putting you in a really bad nursing home!"

I keep that in mind Bruce...

When my boys were 4 and 5, they did the sparkplug thing and learned how to run a screwdriver.....Everything in the shop got disassembled.