Register now to get rid of these ads!

So Much I Wanted To Do (Cancer Sucks)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 48flthdf1, Jul 25, 2011.

1. blinddaddykarno

blinddaddykarno

Sorry to hear it; lost my mom to bone cancer, my dad to infection that his prostate cancer treatment left him open to. Try to stay positive, and stay busy. Every day sees cancer get more beatable, so there is hope!!!

2. pj passion

pj passion
    from kansas

I had colon cancer 7 yrs ago the news really threw my for a loop.since the operation and a heart valve am haveing the time of my life working on my old cars. sure makes you stop and smell the roses, now need to live each day to the fullest possible. rest when tired,and enjoy life, anyone can quit, you too can beat it.

3. erlomd

erlomd

im sorry to hear, but try to stay busy working on whatever it is you want done, and do it. fight this and overcome it...your in my prayers

4. Reaper-kid

Reaper-kid
    from Australia

so nice to see so many supportive comments and positive stories, best of luck dude!

5. DougHH

DougHH

sorry to hear that man, i hope you bounce back and beat it

6. 48flthdf1

48flthdf1

Hey Guys, Going in for a bone scan tomorrow...I think I am going to get through this..Just always things in the back of your mind...On a Lighter Note...Scored a awesome set of Electric Bucket seats out of a 2000 malibu..They are even heated..Just in case my Ass gets to cold...Lol....25 dollars a piece.

7. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sick, but still buyin' parts...excellent. I wish you every bit of good there is.

God bless you, 48flthdf1. God bless us all.

8. fbama73

fbama73

Yeah- sick, but still buying parts- the actions of a man planning and expecting to win.

Keep up that attitude. brother. I'm looking forward to your "Good news, I'm cancer-free!" thread.

9. 37gmc

37gmc
    from upstate ny

i read this post a while ago, first page ,didnt think much about it . honestly when it hits home it changes everything . just found out last week that my wife has a 14 cm tumor on her ovary and "spots" on the liver, lung,colon . in1 weeks time i have meet the very capable doctors that reassure and help , and doctors and hospitals that are just plain fucked up . it is a real roller coaster of information at this point . all that have been thought it , best of luck . those who havent i hope you never have to

10. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Sad to hear ! Stay positive!

11. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

My Mom was basically read her rites when she first had Cancer,,, in 1985. Even though she has had other forms of Cancer since then, she is still kicking and still mean as a snake!

You can do this. You have got to keep your chin up.

12. 48flthdf1

48flthdf1

Good News..My Bone Scan was negative..So now that it is confined to the prostate..I will at least have a fighting chance...Thanks for the Read (Invasion of the Prostate Snatchers)...Has really helped me calm down and make a good decision on what's next...All Of You have Been Great...Thanks, Scot

13. Glad to hear some good news!

14. RABs32

RABs32
    from new jersey

Scott, I just lost A great friend who was like a father to me last month after being diagnosed with prostate cancer 16 years ago. Hopefully they got yours early like they did him and you can carry out and fullfill your dreams.....Rich

15. 37gmc

37gmc
    from upstate ny

flthdf1 , good news . keep your mind positive . stay busy doing things you like

16. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

Listen to the song by Tim McGraw, Live Like You Were Dyin!!
    Go for the GUSTO,
    Be strong my friend!!

17. mbates

mbates
    from illinios

keep spirts high life is short evan without that trama keep on truckin bro!!!!

18. thaugen

thaugen

Scot, I was the guy who recommended you read Invasion of the Prostate Snatchers. Here's another possibility depending on what type of prostate cancer you have: Zyflamend

19. grey46

grey46

Must be the season . I lost my wife to ovarian cancer 9 years ago and 4 weeks ago I was diagnoised with advanced bladder cancer. Not sure yet what if anything we can do,see a bladder cancer speacilist next week and maybe I can buy a little more time ,Im hopeing at least get to finish of the driving season. Good Luck.

20. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

What can anybody say here? I hope it's something they can cure. Life is short enough without cancer.

21. 48flthdf1

48flthdf1

Hey Gang, I Go in for my first PSA test since I started Natural Herbal treatment...Doc says I can try this for awhile...He has no Faith in it, But I hope to kick this crap without cutting myself up...My Doctors appointment will be the 12th of Dec. I am hoping for the best..Thanks again for all Your Support...And Keep On Trucking...Scot

22. Let me tell a tale of two guys I know with prostate cancer. Both are roughly the same age, both diagnosed at roughly the same time and stage of cancer.
    One, (my close friend's dad, about 70) said to his doctors, "Cut that shit out, I have no use for it any more."
    The other, (a friend of mine, about 67) said, "I still enjoy sex, I'm not ready to give it up yet!"
    Both were told by their doctors that prostate cancer grows slowly enough that you can live with it for many years before it becomes a life-threatening issue. So, good luck with beating it, and this may be the one cancer where you can experiment with alternative methods before having to go the surgery/chemo route.

Good Luck!! And don't let it get in the way of accomplishing those things that are important to you!

23. Scott

Scott

Hang in there!!

24. BuickBorracho

BuickBorracho

Good luck to you Scot. Stay strong and continue with the natural herbal treatment... it can only help.

25. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

You're in my thots Scot, prayers too..

26. Terrible Tom

Terrible Tom

Scott, you alone can decide what course of action is best for you. Do tons of research before you make a decision that could alter your life forever. Think about the people you love and what they would want you to do, but in the end, it's your decision alone. I'm praying for you. The "Big Guy" can work miracles.
    Tom

27. trashn'l

trashn'l

Stay positive, my Dad has had prostate cancer for 25 years. Goes in regularly for checkups, no operations, no treatments. He's 71, still going strong and wrenching in his shop everyday. Best wishes for you.

28. Old F.A.R.T.

Old F.A.R.T.

Hang in there Brother...I beat prostate cancer 18 months ago and you can too...Praying for you.

29. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Never give up!! Hope you feel better !