Register now to get rid of these ads!

So long MN, its been a blast!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Wowcars, Jul 7, 2009.

1. jonnycola

jonnycola

Awesome. You guys will rule.

2. gafridge

gafridge

Good luck,it will be harder at first,but it will get easier.Try to get back home as much as possible to spend time with your parents and maybe You and your Dad can meet at some shows halfway for both of you and hangout.Me and my Dad do that quite often.Congrats and enjoy the new gig.

3. Kanadia Kev

Kanadia Kev

Good for you guys! leaving home does suck.

4. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh............

O K, thanks............I don't know of him..........., but thank you just the same.

5. hey, you've got your parents and it looks like Brett for the Vikings, what else could you ask for in Mn.

6. snowmann

snowmann
    from Sabin MN

Good luck and enjoy......... can anyone tell me where the confidential is headed this year?....JK

7. James Maxwell

James Maxwell
    from So-Cal

That's right, and never look back.

8. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

brett who?

9. havi

havi

Summer.

Good luck in IL, it still snows there.

10. Trucked Up

Trucked Up

Exactly where I'm coming from. Not sure how things may have ended for me but I dream about some paths I chose not to go down....

Good luck and make the best out of the change.

11. rusty28a

rusty28a

Congrats, welcome to Illinois, and best wishes. I believe it to be better to regret doing something than not doing anything. Like dating a crazy chick, she caused you trouble at the time but it's always the crazy chicks we remember.

12. Wowcars

Wowcars

Thanks everyone for the support. Like I said this has been a hard decision to make, but even if I hate Chicago, I know I can come back. But working for a shop where I don't have to restore rusted out Camaros and install Lambo doors on late model Mustangs, like I had to at a shop years ago, this will be a dream.

13. First of all, you are not going to hate Chicago.

Can't wait til you guys get here- you are going to have a blast.

I know how hard it is to leave home but Chicago is worth it. It will be six years in August since I packed up and headed west. I still get homesick sometimes but I've never regretted it. And yes, technically without the Pileup and the Czars I wouldn't be here either.

You are moving to a great area that's loaded with wonderful people. Anything you need from us, just ask.

I expect to see you at Mcnamara's soon. And the girls at work want to know when you are going to stop by. :rolleyes:

14. Wowcars

Wowcars

Whenever you have Margaritas for us again! That's the REAL reason we're moving!:D

15. Don't be dissin the Lambo doors!:p

16. Good luck, guys. We'll leave the gate up at the border for ya.

17. you will do fine...plus you are still only a few hours drive from everything...and still in the same time zone..

so really..you will just be spending more gas to get to the same places...not too bad in my opinion.

18. Hellfish

Hellfish

You're moving here!?!? AWESOME! When are you moving down?

First FltBlk, now the Ryans! :D

Be prepared for traffic. Lots and lots of traffic.

19. Django

Django
    from Chicago

I've been here for 16 years, and it still is a drag to be far from home. But at the same token, I couldn't live there anymore either because of either job.

We're looking forward to you guys joining the team because you have the passion.

Hey, with your green coats and our red coats, it will be like Christmas everyday. :D

That's it, I'm going to make you put Lambo doors on my wagon! ;)

20. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

- mixin Swedish (suedes) and Italian (Chicago) and (Czars have to be Russian) -man you'll need to change the name to Hot Dish Chassis & Cycle[TM] Serving the MID-WEST... haha.

So... who's cookin the tater-tot?
    Whens the party?

21. Welcome to the Land of Lincoln, taxes, and elected criminals. Hell, at least you'll see a few more weeks of summer. (well not this year it seems).

22. 31Rodder

31Rodder

What a great opportunity for you guys Good Luck!!!

23. sawzall

sawzall

awesome..

good luck

24. guyontheHAMB

guyontheHAMB
    from chicago

Dude...did somebody say tater tots? Thanks to all of you guys and the well-wishes. You all rule. Like wowcars said, it has been a very tough decision but it is a great opportunity and learning experience--too big to pass on. I will do my damndest to exceed the expectations at the shop. I know my current boss and co-workers are sad to see me go as I already have a kick-ass job. But like we say around here, 'bigger and better things'. It is just the progression of life. Thanks again guys...Rocket

25. T Weed

T Weed

Congratulations Ryan's, I just heard about this the other night. After tagging along to the Pile-Up for the last 4 or 5 years I have come to really like Illinois. I think it will be a heck of a opportunity to work for Kevin. As Eyeball said you need to rent a pretty good sized suite so all us N.D's and Minnesotians have a place to crash during the pile-up...

26. TheLindsey

TheLindsey

Maria....cuz ya didn't before?

27. congrats guys!!
    have fun in chi-town,,,,

xoxox
    hootch

28. The future is always facing you while the past is looking at your ass!

Good Luck, head down, moving forward in measured steps - sounds like a good plan to me.

I got married and left Seattle WA for Montana, once I crossed the Cascade pass in my loaded down 50 chev pickup Washington wasn't home anymore.

s.

29. Wowcars

Wowcars

***UPDATE***

So, its been a little over 6 months of being in Illinois. And I must say I haven't regretted a single minute. Meeting lots of great people down here and having a great time. We were lucky enough to find a cool '50s ranch house to rent only 10 minutes from HRCC. We've got it pretty much all set up now with our decor of fine art (mostly Dennis McPhail, Robert Williams and Keith Weesner). We even got a cool breezeway in the house and set up all of our hot rod memorabilia so guests will have something to look at while kickin back some MN-made beer!

I'm learning a TON and Kevin and Chad are more than willing to help us out with anything we need. We couldn't ask for more, really. I can't get over how many car events happen during the summer. Never a lack of things to do.
    Obviously there's a lot that I miss from back home, mostly the club and friends that are back there. Losing my closest uncle in Sept was the hardest part.
    But the winters are one thing I don't miss. Especially when I hear it is pushing -20 and its hovering around 0-20 above here with less snow!
    I was able to bring the chassis for my '54 Ranch Wagon down and tore it apart and it is now at the sandblasters. Rocket brought his '34 down and is preparing it for the Hot Rod 101 class starting in Feb.

I still have a lot to learn (about Hot Rods and living in Chicago) but am having a good time so far. Thanks to Kevin, Django, the rest of the Czars, the Black Top Barons, flt-blk, DW, Cadillac Bob, OldBobSign, and countless others who have made my transplant go as easy as it really could have! I'll be posting some pics as soon as I can get them on the computer.

30. :D One of these days you need to have your friends take you out the mall that the Blues Brothers raced thru.....