Register now to get rid of these ads!

So I went to this auction.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 61bone, Jul 27, 2010.

1. 61bone

61bone

Bought a half case of Wynn's Classic car wax (20% yellow carnuba, no silicone) for a buck. Unfortunately, its kinda dried out. What do I use to reconstitute it? If I get it hot enough with a buffer, it lays down a beautiful shine even dry, but I'm not so sure about all that heat on the paint. Water don't seem to do it, won't mix in.:confused:

2. boldventure

boldventure

Does it say use with caution contains petroleum distillates?
    Not sure what they are or what combination Wynn's used but that's what you'd need. Probably at least messy to reconstitute might not be worth the trouble.
    Sounds like you mighta gotten you $'s worth already...

3. 61bone

61bone

Yes it does. Kinda smells like kerosene.

4. Ive brought back many polishes and waxes with distilled water. Here in the desert, stuff dries out instantly if left in the sun. Try taking some, add distilled water (start small, add as needed) see if that works.

5. Try some type of solvent, such as that used to prep the primer or paint before painting a car. It won't hurt the painted surface, drys somewhat quick, and might bring the Wynn's back to life.

6. 61bone

61bone

Got plenty so I'll try it all. Thanks guys.