Register now to get rid of these ads!

so I was minding my own bidness, when I accidently bought a firetruck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SPEEDBARRONS, May 12, 2010.

1. SPEEDBARRONS

SPEEDBARRONS

1960 LaFrance 800 ci inline 6, 4 speed....... it was only 2 grand....oops

Attached Files:

2. scotsmerc64

scotsmerc64

Oops nothin man, that would make a sweet hauler!

3. jreeder41

jreeder41

sounds like a good idea.:cool:

4. Needs a hot tub...

5. SPEEDBARRONS

SPEEDBARRONS

my wife was less than thrilled, weird I know

6. ron0257

ron0257

$2K? Man oh man, if I had the space, I'd say your wife is right and you should send it to me!

7. Deuces

Deuces

...... And a wet bar! :D HDTV, cable, dvd player..... :)

8. There is a guy in Michigan who has a Ford C pumper, still with lights, etc., that he uses to promote his hot dog/food stand...I don't recall if the truck actually has the grills and cookers installed on the back, but I think it did. At any rate it was parked next to the booth with lights on...has the original red paint color and some graphics, but with his business logos prominently displayed. Seemed to work pretty well for him. :)

9. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

that's why I'd rather have a dog. dogs like everything you do.

10. Not everything. As an acquaintance of mine says...

"Yep...she was a real three-bagger. One for her head...one for mine...and one for the dog's, so he don't lose respect." :D

11. smiffy6four

smiffy6four

roflmao!

12. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

LMFAO

You know, you only live once, and if it makes you happy to own it, 2k is a small price to pay.

I've certainly done more stupider things with 2 grand!

13. Dan10

Dan10
    from Joplin

You would be surprised at how cheap a used pumper truck can be. A 1970's version that has been well taken care of can be had for a grand or two. Most older versions can't be used as fire apparatus in my area if sold due to regs (it is grandfathered in if owned before reg changes). A pretty small market for them and they are huge.

14. Fire Truck. What? In Tarnation?? :D:rolleyes: Sorry I just had to. Pretty cool!

15. ha ha. I saw that thing on CL. The guy wrote a pretty amusing ad.

Hydros and wires, you'll be riding in style yo!

16. Minding your own biz, huh? Good thing ya weren't lookin' for trouble! Mighta brought a fire pole,too (with a stripper attached). Cool score!

17. smiffy6four

smiffy6four

So how does a person "accidentally buy a fire truck"? You dropped your wallet, 2 grand fell out, you reached down to pick it up and grabbed a fire truck title instead and said " F-me, I just bought a fire-truck????:eek:

18. BigDaddySteamRoller

BigDaddySteamRoller
    from Phila, PA

Someone asked me if I love my dogs more than my wife & I told them - "If I lock my wife & my dogs in the trunk of my car for 1 hour, when I open the trunk, the dogs are glad to see me "

On Topic, way cool truck......

19. SPEEDBARRONS

SPEEDBARRONS

I have a concrete pumping company so this is the little fella next to the other trucks. I have no idea what to do with it, needs freeway gears in the rear, might cut out all the crap in the middle for a vintage racecar or bikes.... or put a concrete pump in it, sell it, who knows.... Im already the idiot in town with the siren wailing. somebody take it away from me

20. Kramer

Kramer

But, will it put out a fire?

21. thunderplex

thunderplex

I bought one in Ft. Wayne, Indiana back in 1987, ...got cought up in the auction/bidding and before you could scream "FIRE," I was the owner of a 1942 Chev pumper. Kept it for 3 years and actually made a profit off of it. Earlier the same day I bought a 1956 Ford Mainline Indiana State Patrol Car. I couldn't wait for that day to end, ...WFT was going on???? Either too much or not enough drinkin,' I guess!!!

22. veedolpaul

veedolpaul

I wanna ride on the back! That thing is cool.

23. You gave it away when you said Bidness !! Bet the radio only plays HEATWAVE !!! >>>>.

24. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Chopped top and a flatbed for a car hauler. Leave the siren to open up traffic at swap meets.

25. My wife understands and really supports my HotRod habits -- loves blown motors, early hotrods, customs, big loud and nasty engines . . . BUT - she'd cut my nuts off if I came home with that! :eek:

I can see the urge . . . shit just happens sometimes. I'd make a car hauler out of it!

26. 55chevr

55chevr

not sure how that truck is geared .... might be over geared for a hauler ...

27. SPEEDBARRONS

SPEEDBARRONS

looks like the water tanks are an easy out of there, gives me 11 feet to play with, plenty of room for my racer. it will be a pick up for now

28. what a trip dude! i was just talking to pete the guy you bought it from this afternoon and he said he sold it. it was his daily driver no bullshit for the last year and man did it attract a crowd wherever it went. glad it went to a good home!

29. SPEEDBARRONS

SPEEDBARRONS

ha ha yeah, what an adventure on the freeway doing 45, two of the chrome caps for the water fell off on the way home, and the lady they almost hit was next to me shakin' her finger at me, I almost had to put down my cell phone to respond ....ha ha. I suck

30. OLLIN

OLLIN

You paid 2 grand for that?? you got hosed man.