Register now to get rid of these ads!

so I think its time I show what's goin on in my driveway

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by dread, Sep 6, 2012.

1. dread

dread

Well, my name is john and I'm out of Worcester MA. My story starts with my dad who was always into hot rods and classic cars and in such I was brought up the same way. Well a little over a year ago my dad who had always had some mental health problems took his own life leaving me my older brother, my younger sister and my mother behind. As he was, he had his fare share of many old car but most recently were his prized 54 ford skyliner and his 54 Chevy. After his death my brother who had always wanted a 54 Chevy planned on taking it but after some further inspection decided that he was just going to sell it. So that's were I stepped in and took it apon myself to make something out of it.

So here it began, proud owner of a 54 and already in love with it. It was a driver and for a couple months that's was I did. But soon after that I got the urge to start some modifications. It at first was just a nose job but it just spiraled from there. From there it was extended quarters,custom taillights and rear roll pan, 7 inch chop(and ik sounds much but its not just what you'd think) I hardtopped it extended the doors(not a 4 door to b clear)and reshaped the door opening. I also decided to section out the windshield and move it up an inch or so. Then I decided to get rid of the bet line all together and smooth everything out. May I also mention that I fabbed up a custom rear window frame and flowed the c pillers back into the deck lid. i also widedned the roof about an inch in the front and about 2 and a half in the rear

now I'm not a metal man and I hope some day with enough experience and time I could hope to call myself one. But until then I'm just trying to learn as I go. I'd love to hear some input from anyone here and I'm not even sure how I'd fit in here but I'm just a young kid hopping for some feed back. I have this car that just keeps tellin me what to do and I can't help but listen to her.

so thanks to this site and anyone involved and I'm looking forward to any input I'm sorry I can't figure out how to post pics but I have some in my album if you want to check that out I'll try and figure out how

thanks

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  2. WWinIL

WWinIL

Welcome aboard John. Keep up the great work.

Your father would be proud of you !

3. APACHE FS

APACHE FS

Welcome, checked out the album. Damn you've been a busy man, lookin good, stay at it and good luck

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

4. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

welcome from mo. nice start

5. oldcarguygazok

oldcarguygazok
    from AUSTRALIA.

Hey John,sure looks the goods,keep it goin mate!

6. liljonny

liljonny
    from menifee,ca

Had a 54 10 yrs ago, I chopped it the same way same height too. Looks like it. But mine was a 5" front 6 1/2 back. Had no windows just windshield. Was gonna do custom back windshield but urs looks sweet! Can't wait to see updates.

7. raymay

raymay

Welcome from New York.

8. medic3579

medic3579

Looks like you won the "metal man" title to me. Nice job!

9. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok

Weelcome from Oklahoma. Your car looks great.