Register now to get rid of these ads!

So I stepped on my .... in a post the other day...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by teamkfr_com, Aug 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Which led me to an interesting PM conversation with Mutt.

I have NOT been on this board very long, but even so, I have seen a dramatic change in attitude among the new people posting here. I'd almost swear that since word got out that Jesse James and some other famous car people are hanging out here, the fresh faces are all coming in with this "Hardass Old Skool Rat Rodder 4 Life" vibe. Think if you act tough enough Jesse will want you to be his new bestest bud, and he and Sandy will invite you up to the house for tacos????

I signed on to this board looking for a very obscure bit of information (and found it!). I stayed because what I was reading was some of the funniest shit I have ever seen in print anywhere. And there is one hell of a lot of excellent information available if you take the time to read it. Seems like even in the few months I have been here, some of the old names I was used to seeing aren't around anymore, and I don't think the board is better for that.

I do some rodding work, but mostly I work on race cars. Really fast ones. Stuff most of you probably haven't heard of. Some of the things I've learned over the years apply to hotrodding as well (i.e. beam axle and quickchange tech), so I share when I can. I've also talked (more than) my share of shit here when I felt it was appropriate to do so. One thing I've always had is respect for the men and women who make this hobby their way of life. I'm on the edge of this thing, and I understand that.

FADED gave me the wakeup call when he said he'd gladly pay $50 bucks to get rid of the FNG tag... You can also buy EVERYTHING you need to build a killer rod from Summit, and pay somebody to build it for you...then you'll be "kool".

So I'm done. It's been great fun, but too much "teen" angst anymore... Hope my posts have helped some, and made others laugh.

Off to PA to teach Hot Rod Chassis Fabrication at Wyotech, of all things!
    With Respect,
    Ray

2. Bondoboy

Bondoboy

so you joined, now your leaving because you dont like it, and your blaming us for it? start your own forum that fits what you like, and have fun with it. I think wyotech is stupid. Its like teaching someone to play the guitar so they can make money at it, instead of because its what they wanted to do and a way to express themselves, sorta like growing up with hotrods and having it in your blood and what you love, or having someone teach you how to be a hotrodder...but you dont see me signing up for classes, and then bitching at them because i think its stupid. anyways....

3. Michael Murder

Michael Murder
    from Wyoming

scott baio really ruined happy days re-runs for me

4. Alex Yohnk

Alex Yohnk

charles in charge.............hillarious....................

5. Muttley

Muttley

Chachi will be upset if you leave.

[​IMG]

Nobody else cares.

6. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

This doesn't make any sense to me.

Good luck in class.

7. Muttley

Muttley

Bow to the almighty Chachi.

[​IMG]

8. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

OK I give, wtf are the scott baio references???

and its kinda scary how fast you guys got those pics of him up :D

9. Bondoboy

Bondoboy

ya really..and hosted them in your own account

10. Michael Murder

Michael Murder
    from Wyoming

and remember later when the fonz went to night school and potsy was the only other guy that hung around, what was up with that?

11. Muttley

Muttley

I posted something and then went to delete it so I could edit but Michael Murder had already responded. BTW this post would not be complete without a picture of the man, the myth, the legend..................he's number 15 in your program and number one in your heart..................the all singing, all dancing superfly sensation of 1977........Chachi Arcola.

[​IMG]

12. Alex Yohnk

Alex Yohnk

hmmmmmm..........does scott baio look good with chrome reversed rims and baby moons with wide white walls?????????

if he doesn't, this conversation should be diverted to traditional styled hot rods.....

unless someone wants to talk about who would win in a three way cage match to the death between scott baio, ralph machio, and tony danza (tony danza 20 years ago, not tony danza now)

13. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

Good point! Too fricking funny!

14. Michael Murder

Michael Murder
    from Wyoming

if i had a scott baio i'd chop the top about 3". . . man would it be sweet

15. Alex Yohnk

Alex Yohnk

my budy had scott baio, and he channeled him 4 inches to cover the frame........

16. the "eliterate"redneck

the "eliterate"redneck
    BANNED

i know what hes talkin bout but u got to have thick skin and be able to take a joke and a little hazin and someone picking u apart. with so many people on here your going to have disagreements.and i aint leavin till they lock me out and then ill hack back in.:cool:

17. Bondoboy

Bondoboy

I like scott baio done up like the 58 imp from american grafitti...

18. Alex Yohnk

Alex Yohnk

I would straight axle scott baio and my straight axle scott baio would be a cover scott baio for "Ol Skool Rodz"

19. Phil1934

Phil1934

I have to agree with him. When we get a spam post everyone comes one with "Die,Die,Die" in large red font. It's like cursing the poop the dog left on the carpet instead of the dog. There is a red triangle to the left. If a post is inapprpriate, just click it to report. Oh, and remember Chachi starting the teeny bop fad of tying a red bandana around your pants leg?

20. HydroClyde

HydroClyde

Hey Ray,

Don't tell everybody you build really fast cars that we wouldn't even know what they are... Tell us what's so fast that it's above our comprehension.

I haven't been on this board long and I don't mind the FNG label, all it means is I don't post much.

I didn't know Jesse was on here...gee...maybe he'll sign my prostate...

21. Don't worry about it. If you're leaving because of all the new guys, you can always ignore them. There is an "ignore" button. Bad post? Report it. Sooner or later a lot of the FNG's will step on their own ****, and Ryan will boot them off. Believe me, I'VE SEEN HIM DO IT! Sure, they can hack back in, but Ryan's a smart guy, and he can make sure they never come back, he's good like that. If you teach at Wyo Tech, then you obviously have something to contribute other than Scott Baio pictures, (I think it's kinda funny, by the way) so don't rule all of us new guys out.
    Soon enough, Jesse James will find his Vicky, and he'll leave. Most of his fan club will leave with him.

BTW, last night I dreamed I was standing out in a field, and there was this huge satellite dish stickin' out of my butt. And there were hundreds of cows and aliens, and then I went up on the ship, and Scott Baio gave me pink-eye.

22. Wow what a suprise. I was thinking the other day I haven't seen an "I'm Sorry" post in a while. I opened this up thinking this was the "I'm So Sorry" post only to find it was the "I'm leaving" post. But instead of the "I'm Leaving" because of all the drama (which is usually what an "I'm leaving" post adds to) I get the added benefit of pics of Scott Baio.:confused: :(

My morning piss hardon went limp and I think I just dribbled on my ankle:mad:

23. Hey,
    at the risk of not following the herd I've gotta say This ray guy is right.
    Lately it seems like the poseurbillys are taking over.
    I appreciate the folks that live the greaser lifestyle but if you are too busy running around trying to prove what a hard ass you are you are gonna miss out on a lot of important things.
    If you run around thinking you know everything you will learn nothing.
    Personally I have come to find out that if you put a lid on your ego and treat the older guys with the respect they deserve they will share a wealth of
    valuable experience with you.
    experience is one thing you can't buy at summit.
    Its a shame this guy ray is leaving because I'm sure we could have benefitted from his knownledge.
    executioner
    now back to the chaici fest already in progress

24. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

You know this shit is always a continuous cycle around here....stay long enough and the bullshit will die down and we can get back to what we SHOULD BE talking about....TRADITIONAL hot rods and customs. And now back to your regularly scheduled programing.

Bill

25. Zeke

Zeke

It's always the Fucking New Guys that think there the shit and rip on folks for calling it like they see it. I don't know how many guys that have been able to offer up good tech that have bolted cause there are so many Honeycomb Hideout fags who who got their 100th post all of which say something dumb like "Man thats fucking cool" to every thread they read. Who really offer up jack.

26. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

HAMB sticker B pillar ARCA series car
    [​IMG]
    sorry to see you go

27. TxRat

TxRat

I dont really understand why guys have to post this. If you're leaving then just go. But I feel you have something to offer so just stick around. Whetever you do just dont make a big production out of it.

And the rockastupids, Well I just dont have an answer for them....

28. TxRat

TxRat

Thats awesome Russco!!!!

29. '51Plymouth

'51Plymouth
    from York, PA

I'm proud of my low post count--it means I keep my mouth shut, read what's important, learn from it (not everything requires a reply), and then go work on something instead of sitting in front of the computer talking about how cool the cuffs in my jeans are (I'm lying--I don't have cuffs). You're leaving? So leave! PM the guys you like, give 'em your number and address, and go...everyone else either doesn't know or doesn't care. I wasn't going to bother posting here, until you talked down to us all with the "Fast race car that you guys wouldn't know about" bullshit--not all of us only own old rides. Many motorcycles in my past, as well as some BMW's and Porches...not to mention multiple circle track cars, 9-second Chevy Luv truck--the list goes on. Now I'll shut back up and lurk...hope to be an FNG for a while...1 year and counting!

Jack

30. Who's Jesse James? Ain't he a dead bank robber?:D
    More over why should I care that he reads this board. Good for him.

This board has way too much to offer to let a little "drama" spoil it. I used to spend lots of time on Usenet boards that are unmoderated. You'd always and still get some jackass that floods the group or trolls etc. That is the great thing about a moderated board. When you get an asshat on here he first gets stomped by regulars then he gets a good old "shunning"

I'm just inspecting Grenades over here but I try to help when I can. I've never come out and said this but I want to thank Ryan and all the other hard working souls in the background as well as all the regular posters here for making a great place to hang out and learn more about for our hobby.

People come and go from boards as their life and interests change; these will colour the "feel" of the board for a while but it's the hardcore guys that are here hell or high water that keep the undercurrent of the board strong, no matter how choppy the surface gets.

Stu

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.