Register now to get rid of these ads!

so i sold this motor on Ebay......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kustombuilder, Oct 27, 2003.

1. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Tell the Rich Guy that GM still sells 4.3 V6 crate engines...available through his local Chevy dealer. They even have certified mechanics at the dealership who can install it for him!

Sounds like he went out of his way to do the job as cheaply as possible and it backfired on him!

A few more Biggie fries sales and he'll be back in the green...no loss! [​IMG]

2. ESnacky6

ESnacky6

I wouldn't sweat it Mike...

The good karma coming to you for sending those door springs
    to me will make up for any possible 'bad' juju from that guy..!!

[​IMG] Thanks again..!!!

3. I, too, smell a rat.
    Might be the guy spent the money he promised his S.O. that he's spend it on a new flower pot or wahtever. Now she's pissed and he's gotta do something. And that something is fuck you, 'cause he doesn't know you.
    I've had a lot of good luck on Ebay, no bad luck, and only a few bidders who didn't feel like paying, which was no problem, 'cause I didn't feel like shipping in those cases [​IMG]
    Stick to your guns, and tell him "caveat emptor means you, baby".
    Cosmo

4. Fuck him! Caveat Emptor!!! Especially when buying used anything, you owe him NOTHING, stand tall and feel good abotu yourself
    Skip

5. delaware george

delaware george
    from camden, de

i bought a flattie off a reputable guy here and he gave me his word that it was a good motor...on the receipt it said sold as is no refunds...come to find out it had a bad crack in it....he felt bad and i really believe he's a stand up guy who thought it was a good motor....but he didn't give me my money back

6. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

i spoke to the mechanic and he said he hooked it all up then started to crank it over to start it. he said it cranked abotu 5 or 6 times and started to slow down. swapped out the battery and it was still crankin slow. he said he changed the oil pan, cause the one in the truck was different, and filled it with fresh oil. never did prime the motor though. it sat for over 5 years.
    after that i emailed the guy who bougt it and as politely as i could told him he was shit out of luck if he thought i was giving him his money back. i just explained to him how it was and that he bought it AS IS and that i was as absolutely honest as i could be about it before he paid for it.
    i expected a pissed off email back from him when i got home from work tonight but i did'nt get one. maybe tommarow.

7. =mike=

=mike=

fuck this washout loser . i havebought alot of suposedly cool ass " ran when pulled " things . . . guess what bub now it is a "YP" , no longer a "MP" . . . . in fact is is now "SOEP" . fuck him and his amature machanic .

8. beatnik

beatnik

Don't sweat it Mike. If him or his mechanic new a damn thing, they would have, spent a few dollars on gaskets and checked the motor out before putting it in. You told him it's been sitting for a while. You didn't hide anything, you told him what the deal was, that was the end of your responsibilities.

9. A few years back I pulled a c4 out of a wreck, then sat it in the corner of the yard for about 12 months all raped up in a tarp. I never did try and run it as
    I was only keeping for spares. Anyway a mates brother desided he needed it more than me and ofered me a tank full of gas for it.Numbnuts then takes it and fits it straight into his car not even dropping the pan to check it out. Starts the car, then fluid leaks from every oraface etc.etc.
    Before he took it away he was told the full history of how long it had been sitting etc.etc.but he still had to have it like it was the last c4 on the planet. I get knock on the door about 11pm at night with this clown standing there in near tears wanting his gas money back (about $15). Long story short he no longer buys shit with out checking it out properly before buying it or before fitting it. Stand your ground you have done nothing wrong.

10. CadillacKid

CadillacKid

Tell him to check the throw out bearing [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

[ QUOTE ]
    Tell him to check the throw out bearing [​IMG] [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL [​IMG]