Register now to get rid of these ads!

So I need to trailer 2 cars.......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Brian C, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Brian C

Brian C

OK so before everyone tells me that they're supposed to be driven this is for vehicles that can't really be driven right now. Well, legally anyway.

Does anyone have suggestions on where a 2 car trailer can be rented/leased? Or any suggestions on getting 2 vehicles weighing less than 2000 lbs each from point A to point B.

All help is very much appreciated, Thanks

2. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Point A and point B are where??

3. Brian C

Brian C

Ah, excellent point! Damn, knew I missed something...............

Long Island, NY to PA

Thanks Denise

4. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

Make two trips or hire a pro.

5. pastlane

pastlane

Try Ray at Rolling Wheels Transport out of Wind Gap PA 610-597-2490 He has dropped several cars off here. First class guy.

6. Closest I thing have ever seen to a 2 car trailer for rent/lease would be an equipment trailer, like for bobcats and backhoes, but you need one hell of a truck to yank a monster like that plus the 4000# of cars on it...

Folks offer space on their trailer from time to time in the classifieds...it may free you up at least one car if they can get you close...where in PA?

Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  7. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

2000 lbs each,will one of them fit in a u haul 24 ft box truck? if yes rent the matching trailer.thats not that far .

8. fxfxr

fxfxr
    from eureka, ca

If you know of any contacts in the trucking industry, you might could get a good rate on a haul back(empty truck headed that way)

9. Brian C

Brian C

Harpo!

Nice idea.....................

10. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

ive done it,good straps to the frame rails to the tie offs on the walls to keep it from walking sideways and stack a wad of furniture pads on each wheel between them and the wall just in case,youve got some rough ass roads around there this time of year.who am i shitting,your roads suck year round.

11. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

a buddy of mine use to squeeze his 76 3/4 4X4 into a ryder box truck. it kinda helped that it was a 4X. he would drive the front onto the liftgate lift it up, and he would be able to pull the wheels onto the bed, lower the gate and drive the rear on and lift it up and pull it in. kinda funny to watch...

12. 2manytoys

2manytoys
    from Fresno

I made 2 1800 miles trips to Portland to pick up 2 Divcos. That was the cheapest way for me but gas was at $2 a gallon.

13. Brian C

Brian C

Yeah, you've got that 100% right. The roads here are a real PITA.