Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration So I need some Rubbers........... Small ones.......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LilBlue82, Dec 14, 2017.

1. LilBlue82

LilBlue82

Hello again H.A.M.BERS, Its been a while since i posted on here and for good reason, While gone i went through some mental health issues ( at 22 years old i know thats to young to be going through such things) but anyway i'm mentally sane ( well sorta :p;)). My question pretains ( again ) to the model builders out there. you see while winter brings its glorious wonders and pains and while Penndot has my license in their possession until February 2018 ( due too seizers back in August which i also have under control). I've been building more scale models to keep me sane. While going through my fathers model parts bin and brothers ( They don't build models anymore obviously) I found a Mickey Thompson ET Street tire for models any ideas where i can get more of these or even different size drag slicks and racing tires for models. Its clear it probably came with a model kit that had alot of extra goodies included to build that certain model or models a different way . but i wanna be able to buy tires just for the purpose of having them to make replica drag cars, Dirt cars, etc. Any websites would help. Thanks again and to those who have snow enjoy it and be safe!!

2. RacingRoger

RacingRoger

There are kits out there where you can make a silicone mold of the part and cast it out of resin. If you don't mind rock hard tires (and you don't try to sell the castings - possible copywrite infringement if you do), then you can make as many as you want.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

Google "model car tires" and many sites pop up.

4. belair

belair

Glad you're better.

5. Deuces

Deuces

As for the rubbers, the ones your looking for came in the amt Motion Performance '70 Camaro kit.... Cool model.... ;)

Nice set of Cragar 5 spoke rims in that kit also....

6. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You might want to ask DDDenny on a PM, rumor has it he has some small ones lying about.

7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Boy howdy that would have got you laughed out of the locker room at the school I went to.
    Tell you what, I have a Revell 55 Chevy kit or at least most of it collecting dust and taking up shelf space that I'll stick in the mail to you as a gift if you pm me your address. My mom in a moment of who the hell knows what gave it to me after her boyfriend croaked and he had bought it at a yard sale somewhere. DSCN6063.JPG DSCN6064.JPG

8. Toner283

Toner283

Check these sites out. Lots of info out there.

http://trakinscale.proboards.com - Stands fo Traditional Rod and Kustom in scale. Very similar to the hamb. Guys building early styled hot rods, customs and drag cars. 1969 and earlier only.

http://vintagedragmodelsinc.proboards.com - Same idea as TRaK. Vintage quarter mile stuff only. All vintage styled builds. You may have to join this board to see anything. It is a closed forum but the members are friendly and very knowledgeable. Unless they have changed the way they do it, a new membership has to be approved by one of the mods. This can take up to a week. Kind of a pain in the ass but it keeps the spam and the Bots nonexistant.

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/?_fromLogin=1 - A general model car forum with a little bit of everything for content. Also a varied and diverse group of fellows with a vast knowledge of model cars, model car parts and tips and tricks on how to do pretty much anything you would want to do. Same idea as on the hamb, don't talk about politics or religion. They get kind of prickly about that stuff.

Drastic plastics is another model car forum that is pretty good but much smaller than the model cars mag forum. Also there is the coffin corner forum (or maybe koffin - can't remember) that is for show rods, bubbletops, theme rods etc.

Check them out. Lots of info to be had. Plus a rabbit hole or three to fall down.

chryslerfan55, wraymen and catdad49 like this.
  9. rudestude

rudestude

I just happened to be going through my tires at this moment looking for something for a project I got going.... I will see if I have what your looking for ...the pic is just a small sample of what I have in the tire department[​IMG]

Sent from my QTASUN1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55, Hnstray and wraymen like this.
  10. LilBlue82

LilBlue82

Ian Supplee
    2503 Jonestown RD
    Thompsontown, PA,17094

11. LilBlue82

LilBlue82

And thank you for your concerns, Like so many things in life, you never know whats gonna happen and it just so happened this popped up. you find out really quick who sticks by you when your down and who leaves when things get tough