Register now to get rid of these ads!

So I got this MIG welder for free...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ben DeBumper, Sep 24, 2011.

1. fordy7coupe

fordy7coupe
    from Wylie, TX

Found one that sold at auction, Thursday, July 21, 2011, $1.00 really sounds like a steal...

Lot #110: Baby Mig M131 Welder with Tweco "Mini" Gun <table class="bid_form"> <tbody><tr><td> Bidding is closed.
    Winning Bid: $480.00 </td></tr> </tbody></table> <table class="bid_form"><tbody><tr><td style="white-space: nowrap;">Time Remaining: </td><td>closed</td></tr><tr><td>Bidding Started: </td><td>Tue, Jul 19 10:00am (PT)</td></tr><tr><td>Bidding Ended: </td><td>Thu, Jul 21 10:11am</td></tr><tr><td>Minimum Bid: </td><td>$490.00</td></tr><tr><td>High Bidder: </td><td>sonnyboy1</td></tr><tr><td>Bid Increment: </td><td>$10.00</td></tr><tr><td>Number of Bids: </td><td>35</td></tr><tr><td>Starting Bid: </td><td>$5.00</td></tr></tbody></table> 11238170.jpg

19870234.jpg

2. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

No that's my point Daytona mig will have the stuff you need!like all the consumables Tips,gas cups etc.The gas liner in these welders are metric so the regulator takes a special fitting.The Italian company that made your welder most likely is the same company that made mine and some of Harbor freights too!The parent company might be named ASTRO I'm not sure but several years back when I got my machine Daytona Mig said that 20+ brands of these small welders were being made by 1 Italian company they would paint them any color you wanted and put any name on them if your order was big enough.I saw my exact model welder sold as ASTRO, MAC TOOLS,HARBOR FREIGHT,and I think ESAB.I think if you have already used 220 migs they take more getting used to than if this is your first welder.My machine is rated for 1/4 inch and I did use it for 1/4 in a bind but I would suggest only doing sheet metal and other light work like brackets and such with these light machines and they work just fine

3. Ben DeBumper

Ben DeBumper

I got a chance to try it out and it works! :)

The mystery knob turned out to be . . . a stitch timer! Better luck next time, Blue One! ;)

4. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

Who would have guessed? :rolleyes: ;) :D

5. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Cool. I had one of those different offshore machines and it did actually have a step up range setting so it seemed this one would be the same.

Have fun with it.