Register now to get rid of these ads!

So how many of you are heading to Austin?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Roothawg, Sep 22, 2003.

1. Roothawg

Roothawg

I am....Gordini is....who else is gonna make the Day of the Drags?

2. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

i'm counting the days.

3. fatassbuick

fatassbuick

I'm afraid that if I visit Texas, I won't come back home.

4. Radshit

Radshit

I'm going, and so is the HAG....see you all there......bring your ten gallon hat!

5. Crease

Crease

Plannin on headin up with BARNETT, HOTRODHUDSON and SANDMAN. Hopefully LESABRE59 and SLICKWILLIE too.

Crease
    Barons So Tex

6. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

IF, IF, IF, I was able to hit Austin on my way to CA in Nov, how is highway 10 between SA and Phoenix? I don't know how comfortable I am about being so close to the Mexican boarder alone in Big Olds. Since I don't have much experience in the area, what do you TX guys think?

7. I'm in, now If I can get this damn center carb working I might have more fun.
    TZ

8. MarkX

MarkX
    from ...TX

I'm goin ..... even if I have to ride in the back of Tylers Truck!

9. Crease

Crease

Dont know how I10 is all the way to Pheonix, but I wouldn't be worried about the Texas Stretch.

Come on down!

Crease
    Barons So Tex

10. Deyomatic

Deyomatic
    from CT

Denise,
    I made the drive from Dallas to PHX almost a year ago and I had no problems on I-10. I did it at night, so I have no idea what the scenery was, but I didn't run into any problems with the Banditos. If you stay in El Paso, Stay on the west side of town, the east side appeared to be a hellhole.

11. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

<font color="green"> Latest word at work is that I will be going to San Antonio to work on November 3 and finishing that Friday before the drags.

So, I have a free flight to San Antonio and a place to stay in San Antonio throught Friday night.

Now I just gotta hook up with some San Antonio Hambers, may need a ride to and from Austin and a place to crash a night in San Antonio before I get back on a plane and fly home.?

Still sorting it out.

RASHY </font>

12. manyolcars

manyolcars

I've destroyed 7 tires on Texas roads this year, most of them I bought new and most had little wear. I'd love to go but Texas is getting expensive.

13. BELLM

BELLM

I'm already there! About 45 min from the strip, hour &amp; a half from Austin. Will be there!

14. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Got the engine and tranny out of the coupe gettin' ready for the drags. Did most of the engine work, with new heads, yesterday, with the help of Krupanut, Outlaw and Sideburns. Should clean up and paint this week and put her back together the week after that. I plan on driving to Sherman.

Denise, 290 to 10 to El Paso is decent roads. Shouldn't be a problem. We would love to have you and the Big Olds at our Drags. More good tune up for the Ego Rama!!! I hope you can make it.

15. Rashy, we'll get you all hooked up, one way or another.

16. failed_ethics

failed_ethics

I'm there, and I'm sure just about any of us can help you out Rashy just let us now.

17. Evilfordcoupe™

Evilfordcoupe™

I'm gonna be there with my '60 Vw Bus..it has a Porsche 911 motor and 5 speed trans....wait...I hope not!! I keep telling myself the coupe will make it....

ahh...the coupe will make it.

-Jason

18. JASON-

Sold the 53 Buick so... make room for me on your couch! And reserve a Flyrite for me!! [​IMG]

Travis

19. 67Imp.Wagon

67Imp.Wagon

I'm counting the days.Austin is always a pretty good time and there is no way I'm missing it.

20. magnet

magnet

I am flying down from Chicago, going to drink your beer and chase your women .... or .... just keep to myself and go to the drags :)

21. Roothawg

Roothawg

Good to see that the turnout is gonna be good. I can't wait to see the HAG...that thing gives me a stiffy, Wait...now you're doing it too......

22. Roothawg

Roothawg

Rad, tell me more about the HAG.....I need to know......

23. nailhead60

nailhead60

Cant miss Austin !! Its a damn good show !! Ive been tuning and timing on Moon tang and that ol girl should make it no problem !!!

24. Radshit

Radshit

We're pulling the body off the frame so I can sand blast it. Then I'll clean it up, weld in reinforcements and gussets where needed.

I think I found a cage kit from National Dragster magazine that I'm almost positive I can adapt to my frame. This will save me time and money.

Although, I already ordered a hydraulic tubing bender from Irvan Smith. Oh well, I know I will get use from it anyways.

It looks as though I'll have to wait a while till I get the blower motor completed in time for any event this year. Money and time will hinder any progress till next summer.

But....I have in my possesion a running 331 Hemi with roller cam and relatively high compression pistons. It's out of a running race car. I'm bolting that in to the HAG with the B&amp;M Hydro-stick. I'll be running two 4's for induction, nothing fancy or expensive. But will keep me rolling till the Blown Hemi is ready.

I almost decided to sell my F-1 this weekend. I found a 1500 horse 14-71 blown Ford 390 FE Alky motor.

Damn, I wanted that so bad. But out of my price range......for the time being.....

Attached Files:

25. Denise

I've driven I-10 cross country many times (Orange Cty, CA to Orange Cty, FLA) and you shouldn't have any problems!

Take your time and stop for picture taking along the way..., Great Shots! [​IMG]

Or you can drive straight through to L.A. from Austin (I've done it in 25 hours straight!) But it's a Bear to navigate through Heavy Cali. traffic when you're tired! [​IMG]

Recomend a stay in Scottsdale AZ. and L.A. is only a few hours after that. [​IMG]

Hope to see everyone down in Texas! [​IMG]
    Mark

26. Doing my damnedest to make it, but won't have car there.

27. Hellfish

Hellfish

when is it? I'm going to try and make it... with or without a car.

28. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

29. Damn I wish I could make it... but money and time is really tight right now...
    I can't wait to see how things go though... I'm sure performances are going to be up and you guys are going to have things dialed in.

Keep us posted!!!
    Sam.

30. Buzzard

I find it Funny that Krupanut is helping get your car together to beat his car at the races! [​IMG] [​IMG] Shawn told me that you are changing quite a few things and he's still jealouse of your launches! [​IMG]

What were your sixty foot times anyway? [​IMG]

Be careful you might end up with his old rear tires on your car minutes before the race! [​IMG]

Look foreward to seeing the whole gang again! (closings permitting)!

Mark