Register now to get rid of these ads!

So Cal Hambers Bolton wheel info

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by harpboys4, Apr 27, 2010.

1. harpboys4

harpboys4
    from So Cal

Hello, I am looking for any experience with Bolton Classic Wheel in Gardena.They will widen my steel wheels for 65 bucks each,That is a great deal if they do a good job.I have had them polish some old slot mags I had and they did a great job but I do not know anyone that has had them widen rims.Soooo.... So Cal Hambers any insight would be great.Thanks

2. We had a bent wheel, was going to get it straightened there, they welded on a new rim. It was for a 1950 Plymouth wheel. The wheel did somewhat balance out, but looked way unsafe and wobbly on the road at a fast 60+ speed.

I never went back... too much of a hassle. I just chucked the wheel, yeah about 65.00.

The welds we're nice. I would have them run the wheel or see it spin on what whatever they use to check the runout. Make sure your cool with it.

Also what you can do..
    Have your tires ready when you picking up the wheels, have them mounted/balanced at the tire shop right next door.
    This shop is definitely been there a long time.
    All kind of wheels. Not trying to be neg or pos just posting my experience with them.

BTW I don't think they widen the rim by welding in an insert, they just add a new wider hoop. I've some people here add an insert to widen.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2010