Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest So. Cal flood watch,member roll call and status

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hooligan63, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Except Earthquakes are not weather. An earthquake is not like rain,and we get quakes in Cali frequently,more than Haiti does. Anyone remember the Landers quake,or Northridge,or San Francisco? Yeah,we've been through this. Just had a 4.3 hit by my house a few nights ago,sounded like rolling thunder then felt the whole house roll. I know it wasn't as big as the Haiti quake,but we've had them just as bad. Now we're dealing with all of the above. Let me repeat,Fire season that weakened a lot of hillsides that communities are built on or below,heavy torrential rains and huge winds(including tornadoes) that are uncommon for So. Cal.,earthquakes,ans apparently a volcano too if I read correctly earlier. I won't get in to the High Desert area like Victorville,Phelan,Apple Valley,Hesperia,etc. where a lot of the residential roads are just dirt trails that get washed away with rains like this that leave people stranded inside their homes(I know this for a fact because I use to live in Hesperia,and whn we had a heavy rain.it caused massive crevices in the road that only a rock crawler could possibly maneuver). There's a lot of things people are not taking in to consideration depending on the area of So. Cal. some of us live in,and the different terrain that can be majorly effected by these storms.

2. big creep

big creep

man im loving this rain! just loving it!

3. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

I had to lower the level of my pool....twice:(

I do live in the desert and have seen the roads washed away. Pretty simple...build on a wash in a desert and you take the chance of having your stuff ruined. Just as bad as buying a house next to LAX and complaining about the noise!

The sun has been shining most of the day here so it's not all that bad!

4. wingman9

wingman9
    from left coast

My cover on my Harley got wet - damn!!! :eek: But seriously, the wind and rain close to the beach has been overwhelming. Hope everyone and their toys are alright.

5. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

HOOLIGAN, taking this weather thing a little serious huh?? It is just rain we've had it before and it will come again. Dont know how old you are but back in 1983 I lived in seal beach we had a little rain and lost our peir and the whole town flooded. That was bad! I do feel for the peolple in the burn areas and such. As said previously a little rain aint nothing compared to whats going on in the rest of the world?

6. VonWegener

VonWegener

I find it strange that someone would have a problem with a fellow HAMB member caring about his neighbors.
    Thank You Hooligan for being a class act.
    VonWegener

7. dullchrome

dullchrome
    from SoCal

Dude, I was staying with my uncle who had a house on the sand in Seal Beach back in 83. The dozers making sand burms and the waves crashing over them was intence to say the least.

8. trad27

trad27

All good in Bako, got a break from the rain so filled up the the tank put on a sweater and bandana and went crusing with a fellow Hamber.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
  9. This is a sure sign of rain where I grew up.

10. no but my protective dirt coating is gone :mad:

banned i think

aaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahaha...........dude is that car old ? how much is it worth?.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  11. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

we waited on the beach for 3 days for the kegs from the bar to wash ashore, It didn't happen? And local surfer David Sauer riding Seals cloud break.

12. Justin B

Justin B

sounds like the week long storm is pretty much over with now, unfortunetly it did take one hot rod out. a friend emailed me pictures from a tree that fell in his yard yesterday..........shit

Attached Files:

13. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Let's see,I've lived in Oklahoma,Texas and Oregon,also lived in the mountain areas of California like Crestline,Oak Glen,Randsburg and Johannesburg and have been snowed in. Snow level is supposed to drop to 1500 feet tonight.

14. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

We're getting a new storm supposedly on Tuesday coming in.

15. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

well, here next to Pasadena, its still a little dark, but I see nothing but blue sky................:) cold, though...in the 40's:D at least for another hour

16. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

looks like we might get some sun today for the first time in a week!

17. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

yup, the sun is just starting to hit the mountains, looking good for a day of driving. Pasadena newspaper says the high will be 57 degrees.