Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest So. Cal flood watch,member roll call and status

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hooligan63, Jan 19, 2010.

1. SICBOY

SICBOY

Doing ok in ontario, dam street's are flooded and people dont know how to drive for crap,

2. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

The other problem that no one is taking in to consideration are the people that live where all the fires happened,and this is now the perfect conditions for severe mud slides where those people live.

3. Special Ed

Special Ed

Disneyland was nice this morning, then it got damp. Kept the crowds away. No lines on any of the attractions...Never too wet to enjoy a few rides in Southern California.

4. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

this is what's going on a few blocks above me in Sierra Madre, the city east of Pasadena. The hillsides above this area was burned a couple of years ago, so mud is now the danger. They've laid K-rails along most of the street against the hill sides, but there's so much you can do..

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  5. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

Hell it rains everyday here....
    Hope all is well.

6. Weasel

Weasel

I was in Long Beach and the water came in as the storm drains were overwhelmed. A fire truck with it's sirens going blasted past and created a mini tsunami which flooded the restaurant where a bunch of us were eating...:rolleyes:

7. There has been crazy wind and rain, but all in all doing ok here. I heard a tornado warning on the radio today, never thought I would hear that in SoCal. Knock on wood, my house is fine but I had a lot of stuff to deal with at my mom's house the last couple of days.

Thanks for the concern,

CBB

8. Kustomline54

Kustomline54

Hey all's good here in the I.E Just raining like hell. Streets look like big ponds. Upside is mother nature is doing a bang up job washing my car outside lol.:D

9. big creep

big creep

think im gonna do that! no lines? rad!

10. 4406

from Oklahoma

that weather man is funny as hell !!! Hope everyone ok.

11. Rain, Hail, Wind, Tornado Warnings - but life goes on.

12. hotrod32@usfamily.net

[email protected]
    from st paul

same here hope all is well out there that weatherman thing frikin killed me!!!!

13. We got a good pour down in south county today but luckily no tornado's like the weather people were saying. Just glad the garage isn't leaking!!!!

Chop

14. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

It's coming down steady again. Part two of today's storm is hitting.

15. toml24

toml24

The Newport Beach Lifeguard HQ on the Pier had a wind gust of 93MPH!! at about 1:15pm Tuesday. That wind roared through Harbor blvd in Costa Mesa a moment later causing minor damage as it went.
    Tom

16. The thing to watch is the areas just below the mountains. The San Gabriel Mountains are some of the steepest in the country and result in fast, flash floods and mud flows, especially after the fire season we just had. So while I wouldn't live near snow and feel for those who do, we do have a bit of danger to watch out for. But all the "Oh no, it is rain!" is ridiculous.

17. GEBHARD

GEBHARD
    from TX...

could'nt get to my car for a little while to go to work today cause it was knee deep in water parked on 7th st after it stopped raining waited an hour than the water went down enough for me to get my car then it took me an hour to go 5 miles on the 710 because of this...........

Attached Files:

• 710.jpg
      710.jpg
      File size:
      195.2 KB
      Views:
  18. Midnight in Upland and no rain tonight................ YET

Thanks for checking in on us Hooligan..

19. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

[​IMG]

this was a couple of blocks away from me here in Long Beach

20. thought we would share with you cal. folks! rain really can make a huge mess, big bummer!

21. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Now we have it all. Flooding,Mudslides,Tornadoes,Wildfires,Earthquakes,and Blizzards. Only thing we're missing is a Volcano,but we don't want it.

22. oldpl8s

oldpl8s

Here in So Cal we call it a "flood" when the water in the gutter runs on to the sidewalk. Back east a flood is when the cows are standing on the roof.

23. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

Seems if the left coast ain't on fire it's underwater !

24. We had a super intense rain storm last summer here - l live in a dry lake bed close to lake Ontario and pretty much everyone's basement flooded (backed up from the sewers, some leaking in from outside the foundation).

It really sucks being everyone else's drainage!

I feel for you guys out there, hope everyone is ok.

25. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Some bad weather out there man!!! F@#$!K!!

My garage got a little flooded but ain't no big deal compare to some others!!

[​IMG]

26. 60'coupe

60'coupe

I hope you didn't have any damage Dante ! I had a few extra leave's in my yard but all is good on the Eastside !
    Rob

27. So far so good. I live in Tujunga. I'm a block away from the mtns that burned in the Station fire. I took off work today just to play it safe. Two firetrucks and a batalion chief were posted in front of my house yesterday keeping an eye on the mtn. I was talking to the chief for awhile and he said if those two mtns slide. It can produce enough mud to fill the Rose Bowl. :(

28. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

The rain I can deal with, its the stupid ass cali drivers that dont know how to drive when the ground gets a wet I cant deal with! Especially here in CaCompton, where I work.

29. You guys can blame me for all this rain. The contractor just torn the back, side walls and lifted the roof. The house stinks of wet insulation and soggy plaster. The heater is gone too. The dog is stuck hanging out with me because his yard is torn up. So, that's why it's raining on us. Sorry 'bout that, fellers...

But the biggest bummer is that the drive in at GNRS will be screwed up. At least for those of us who are still fixing our windows.

30. i love the rain except for when the roof of my garage leaks and the hole just happens to be over the Model A. Besides the model A being a little flooded, wet welders and plasma cutter, a tree laying across my backyard, and a broken ez up canopy laying on the hood of my truck...everything is awesome. i still have my health.