Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest So. Cal flood watch,member roll call and status

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hooligan63, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Just concerned about my fellow So. Cal. rodders and what's going on in light of our weather conditions,especially those in Long Beach and the L.A. area Like Ian and the rest. Would like to know if you're okay.

Admins,I ask that you please don't delete this,and if you could make it a sticky post until at least the storms pass to make sure we know these HAMB brothers and sisters are okay.

Where I live,up in Yucaipa where a few members live(Myself,Chopped50Ford,and a few others),we're doing okay because of our elevation level,but we're looking at a second storm tonight.

2. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

I talked to my sister this evening, she lives in Lakewood, she said that they had to evacuate the Seal Beach pier and an SUV was turned over at Peters Landing. I guess it was a tornado from what she said. Pretty heavy rains, that's for sure.

3. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Doin OK, riverbed flowen like it should

4. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Besides a leaky roof at my shop in Burbank and a leaky roof at my house in Hollywood, everything seems ok.

5. big creep

big creep

just a lot of rain. the news here makes a big deal out of it! some flooding, but come on it just rain man.

6. John Denich

John Denich

HUH we would get two feet of snow back home and no one cared....you get some Rain here in So-Cal and everyone thinks the world is going to END.....

7. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Hope everyone is doin good. It rains here 9 months outa the year.

8. dullchrome

dullchrome
    from SoCal

Just a littlle water here in Newport. I did see a pic of a kid canoeing down his street in Costa Mesa though.

9. (BlueOval)

(BlueOval)
    from Slo-Cal

Rain mixed with snow up here.The next storm is supposed to be worse though. Guess I'll have to keep an eye on "STORM WATCH 2010" stupid ass news, HaHa!

10. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Except some parts of Long Beach were waist high in water,and tornado's hitting So. Cal.,lot's of vehicles and personal belonging in homes destroyed or damaged. Snow doesn't bother me,but rain does,and so does flooding.

11. poofus1929

poofus1929
    from So Cal

The sky just opened up again here in the Chino/Ontario area. It's coming down pretty good again like earlier.

12. (BlueOval)

(BlueOval)
    from Slo-Cal

Oh yeah, and thanks for checking Hooligan.

13. 64sled

64sled

some rain and tornado warnings haha.

sheeeet i'm building myself an ark with a big sail on it and ride this baby haha:)

14. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Well,we're getting the thunderstorms and pouring again up here,just started again. Here we go with round two.

15. xtralow

xtralow
    from So Cal

X2 ... and we need it really bad here, its just rain let her buck! besides everything needed a good rinsing anyways and were getting it! .... I'd rather see rain storms then fire storms anyday.

16. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

even the weather reporters get a little too excited when we get some rain...Sheesh!

[​IMG]

17. Lucky Burton

Lucky Burton

I have the most religious roof in so cal. It almost rains just as much inside the shop as it does outside.... nothing damaged though its only water

18. (BlueOval)

(BlueOval)
    from Slo-Cal

That's funny shit!!!

19. Retrorod

Retrorod

that's correct...it is only water

20. John Denich

John Denich

HAHA Snow does not bother you huh...ever have your Roof Cave in from rain??? How about when it melts a little then freezes again and the power goes out and its 20 below zero and your pipes freeze??? And then the weight from the Ice on the trees fall on your house!!!!! Ya I will take rain anyday.....I have lived that nightmare!

21. SHOE-BOX-JOE

SHOE-BOX-JOE

im in LBC, it's all good here had a lil tornado warning i felt like i was back in Tejas woo hop. Rivers here are topping off high. it's cold and a wee bit cloudy now but theres aanother front rollin up.

Thnx for the concerns brother.

PS. my 51 chevy's for sale any takers???? pm me.

22. I don't like rain much either. The worst we fear is flooding basements, but So-Cal is a little different. Our houses could flood, theirs can slide away!

I have family in Rancho Palos Verdes.

23. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That tornado/water spout thing was way too close to home! Stood outside and watched the clouds for a bit and they were crazy looking!

24. John Denich

John Denich

I live here.....in So-Cal.....

25. seventhirteen

seventhirteen
    from dago, ca

roof to carport blown off, no cars damaged so not too big a deal.

i'm no doctor but this picture taken in riverside california appears to be a bit more than rain, thanks for the concern
    [​IMG]

26. xtralow

xtralow
    from So Cal

hahaha :D

27. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

I've had pipes burst due to freezing,have had power go out,etc. as I use to live in the mountains. Rain still bothers me more.

28. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Lake Perris had three funnel spouts last year that ripped though a train yard tossing train cars everywhere,and I could see those from where I'm at,even worse is my buddy that I work with lives in Lake Perris and had to drive past all that mess.

29. what's all this liquid coming from the sky.........and everything is all clean and shiny.

the sky is falling......the sky is falling......at least the raisin doesn't have a cowl vent to leak.

so far the worst here was wrangling up floating trash cans lodged against my girls car (i live on a corner)....they came from 5 or 6 houses down :). i replaced the roof about 10 years ago.

30. I thank God I'm (we're) not in Haiti.