Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest So-Cal Employee needs your help! - Signed Vern Tardel AV8 Posters

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by doctorZ, Apr 12, 2010.

1. doctorZ

doctorZ

On Friday afternoon our accountant, Asia Tuchsen, was side-swiped in her 1959 Biscayne and ended up hitting a large tree at full speed. Her car was not equipped with seat-belts. She was rushed to the UC Davis emergency room where she was treated for facial fractures, lacerations and knocked out teeth as well as bruised ribs and some sprained joints. She is in high spirits, all things considered, but without health insurance she is facing some very large medical bills and will need oral surgery in addition to reconstructive surgery.
    We are hoping some of you out there would be willing to help to make a contribution towards her bills. You can donate any amount that you would like, but for donations of $25.00 or more we will be mailing out posters of the AV8 car from the book, "How to Build a Traditional Hot Rod," signed by Vern Tardel. Follow the paypal link at the bottom of the post to donate.
    We will also be holding a benefit show at the end of the month to raise money. There will be a raffle, so if you are a shop or business and would like to donate anything to be raffled off please contact me.
    The posters are in the process of getting autographed now, please allow a few weeks for shipment.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you are unable to donate, please at least take a moment to wish her well in her recovery.

Thanks you from the entire staff at So-Cal Speed Shop Sacramento

Please contact me with questions regarding donations:
    Rob Zomber
    Shop: (877) 467-3871
    Cell: (310) 463-5965
    [email protected]

Last edited: May 5, 2010
  2. Oh man...prayers from here. I hope she recovers 100%. I''l see if I can round some money up. I don't have insurance either. Quick question. If it wasn't her fault shouldn't the other drivers insurance cover medical?

3. tooslow54

tooslow54

So sorry to see this. I'll work something up.

"side swiped" sounds like a hit and run. Can you confirm?

4. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

Even if the other guy drove away from the scene, maybe her car insurance will have at least some medical coverage....hopefully.
    Maybe we just need to raise enough loot to cover her deductible....

5. tooslow54

tooslow54

Could have also been one of them "uninsured motorists". We have a ton here in So Cal unfortunately.

6. Isn't it Illegal to drive without insurance?

7. This looks like a good opportunity for So Cal Speed shops, all of 'em, to step up.

They can use Alex Gambino as a role model. He always steps right up, when someone in the hot rodding community needs help.

8. If she does have medical on her car insurance it's probably pretty low. like 10,000. I bet she'll blow through that quick.

can we get a sticky?

9. doctorZ

doctorZ

The other driver was driving her mother's van and the insurance won't be able to cover all of the expenses. Asia had basic liability on her car. I don't know the exact details but I know the fighting has already begun.
    The car that hit her tried to get away, but was stopped by a biker who witnessed the accident. It happened on a busy street in broad daylight and he was the only person to stop and help.

10. Bull

Bull

having been through a wreck in my hot rod, I suggest she lawyer up. Fortunately I had health insurance, but my auto insurance picked up some of the tab as well. A lawyer was able to walk me through this process and alleviate a fair bit of the stress involved on that side.

11. doctorZ

doctorZ

Alex is a terrific role model for these situations. We are doing our best to step up and are putting on a benefit show for her at the end of the month where some things will be raffled off. The whole situation came as a great surprise to us all and we are ill prepared to be dealing with such a situation.

12. briggs&strattonChev

briggs&strattonChev

are you taking money orders?

13. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

So is stealing a car...

14. doctorZ

doctorZ

Sure! Make them out to So Cal Speed Shop Sacramento and put Asia Tuchsen in the memo. Mail them to:
    So-Cal Speed Shop Sacramento
    1715 Del Paso Blvd.
    Sacramento, CA. 95815

Thanks!

15. If you send someone with a donation can to the beatkik blowout, I'll be sure to point it out to everybody that I see.

16. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

the Speed Shop doesn't offer health insurance for it's employees?

17. Man that sucks - wishing a fast and speedy FULL recovery for her!

18. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Same here!

19. Fatbob309

Fatbob309

Wow. Bad weekend for more than a few people. In my prayers. All of you stay safe out there.

20. hotrod56cars

hotrod56cars

That sucks. I wish her a speedy and full recovery. Not that it matters but is that Asia in the top pic?

21. ericl1951

ericl1951

yes, that is asia in the top pic.. that '59 just made it back from viva also..

22. doctorZ

doctorZ

yes, that is her and her car (yes, she built it and does all the work herself). i think it was taken at billetproof.

23. Babar40

Babar40
    from Florida

Wishing her a safe and speedy recovery! Best wishes.

24. johnnykck

johnnykck

Oh my god, I am so sorry to hear this. I can't send any money right now because my shop just got robbed last week end and I'm trying to figure out how to make end meet. But I do have some shop T-shirts with different designs on then that I would like to donate for the Raffle. I hope this helps at least a little bit. Where do I send the T-shirts?

25. doctorZ

doctorZ

i'm sorry to hear about your break-in. you can send the shirts to the shop; just put Atten: Asia Tuchsen on the package.

So-Cal Speed Shop Sacramento
    1715 Del Paso Blvd.
    Sacramento, CA. 95815

26. johnnykck

johnnykck

Will do.

27. skullhat

skullhat

very sorry to hear of asia's accident and wish her a speedy recovery.

i would also advise her to get a lawyer as soon as possible as well

skull

28. I also wish her a full and speedy recovery, I'm glas to hear they caught the person involved that started the accident. Thank you to the biker who did his part to get involved and stop them. My hats off to him !

29. doctorZ

doctorZ

great! thank you very much.

yes, we're already working on that.

absolutely. he stopped by our shop after giving his statement and was actually the one that told us what happened. we're on his route to work and he was used to seeing her car parked out front. the funny part was that he was a biker wearing full colors and riding a harley; the same person most people probably think of as 1%ers.

30. aircoup

aircoup

dammed bummer ,get well quick , kudos to all who are helping out , thats what it,s all about