Register now to get rid of these ads!

SO Cal crome shop

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Vimtage Iron, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Vimtage Iron

Vimtage Iron

I have to ask, I've seen the posts about a shop or two in so cal that doesn't get your stuff back to you, or never answers the phone, yada yada, I've searched and can't get those posts to turn up to see who it is and re read the storys. friends of mine from out of state sent some stuff to a guy in so cal, unknown to me, now they have been getting the run around, for several months, and I think it may be the same people that have been talked about on here, I don't want to mention a name yet as I don't want to bad lip somebody if they are legit.
    When it finally came to my attention that they sent stuff down here it was too late to warn them. Any help with this.
    Thankyou

2. Vimtage Iron

Vimtage Iron

Thanks, I went and read those and no mention of Big Ds run by a guy name of Dan Galpan, I did a google and found a couple threads that people had him do some work and were ok with it but that was a couple years ago, nothing recent, anyone done work with this company.

3. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

Galpin as in Galpin Ford?,

I have always done a face to face with Bumper Boyz at swap meets, no issues with them or their products, I always assumed their work was done south of the border for many reasons.

4. 55chevr

55chevr

Research Bumper Boyz and their various alias. There is a lot of negative on them ... you proceed at your own risk.

5. They like to swap peoples good parts with crap then sell the good stuff at swap meets. had it happen to a buddy on his 57 chevy, all his parts were marked and less than half of the originals were returned. he found a couple at pomona. i would not trust them as far as i could throw them.