Register now to get rid of these ads!

So are you thrashing over the 3 day weekend?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Roothawg, May 21, 2008.

1. Roothawg

Roothawg

I have told all my family and friends not to bother me for the Memorial day 3 day thrashfest.....unless ,that is, you want to be tasked with a job....:cool:

2. Tony

Tony

Thats the plan for me...
    Going to get back working on my 52 chevy truck..Took 3 weeks off to swap the trans, ear end and rear suspension in my 53 belair so i'm a few week's behind on that now...

3. Saturday and Monday yes - but Sunday there's 1100 miles of racing to watch and all that beer won't drink itself!

4. I am sourcing part to get ready for this weekend...

5. 63_nova_ss

63_nova_ss

6. Actually Root I started today. I graduated last Friday, so no more classes, I took a week off, my first real vacation since going back to work a year ago. There's an old Mexican Hooptie in the driveway and I'm going to have carnal knowledge with her more than once before the week is out.Damn it just doesn't get any better than that.

7. LastMinuteMark

LastMinuteMark
    from So. Cal.

oh ya..looking forward to it too.....will be putting my pan gasket and timing cover and what nots back on......do the "please dont leak pan gasket dance" cross the fingures and fire it up........

then go confiscate my old 54 ranchwagon i sold to a good friend when i found my 53 ranchwagon....he started to talk about selling it...no room.....no time...nonsense i tell you.......so me and another friend are taking it back;) the rule was "you cant sell it"......so it will go next to the other "projects"...

then bar-b-q and drink like a fish.....hell ya

8. hollywood 423

hollywood 423
    from west ohio

Friday- the head comes off my blowed up A banger...Sat. the Old Man and me are going to Springfield for more banger parts Then stop by Blktopbandits place on the way back for his get together. a bitchen party last year...Sun..My son and I are heading to Michigan to bring back a herd of banger motors. So I guess its all car related. Hell it's my weekend,ain't it?

9. Slide

Slide

Plannin' to burn up a bottle of argon and severely reduce the diameter on a few cutoff wheels....

Gonna draw some cars too...

10. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

im getting screwed by work and heading to fl for a month. really sucks cause i spent this week doing a head gasket on my daily.

11. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

I'm going to TRUCK_RAT's to help mount the cab on his new frame.

12. yea im thrashing! on getting my house ready for my sons high school graduation party next weekend!

13. docauto

docauto
    from So Cal

gotta get the roadster painted....

14. So I guess this means that stopping by to help me slide a different engine and tranny into the Dormilon is definately out of the question.

Man you don't know what you're missin' she's a pretty loose ol gurl and probably wouldn't mind takein' us all on.

15. i get my car back on fri just in time

16. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

GREAT then I'll see you there. This is about the only thing I have planned. Will be good to relax for a weekend.:cool:

17. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

im gonna take the three day to paint my chevy two gasser...

18. El Loco Worm

El Loco Worm
    from oklahoma

If all goes well I plan on getting the studebaker back in the shop for quality time. Actually I'll be cutting the 78 nova subframe out and getting ready for the straight axle install. Just have to remember to make room for 331c.i. of good ole chrysler firepower!

19. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Hoping to get the guts back in the Greenbrier. Already have a deadhead run to OKC and back planned for Saturday to help my Pops pick up the big ass TV he bought at the PX that won't fit in his vehicle...

Root, keep an eye out for some gently used cragars please....

20. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

No real "thrash", but if I can locate a good carb I'll get my shit running and rattle some windows at least...maybe drive it over to DIRTYT's crib to scope the progress on his latest creation!

Have a fun, and safe weekend whatever ya end up doin'!!

:cool:

21. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I will be putting my 327 back togeather in my 53 chevy that weekend, hopefully to have it up and running so I can drive it for the Holiday,,,shake down run and cam break in.

22. Picking up the Donor for the Swedish hottie that's in the shop.

23. getting the brakes put on the '47 (lincolns all the way around and a chrysler master), painted them for this weekend. here's the master adaptor i made and the push rod extender.

Attached Files:

24. Mudville

Mudville

Yeah! Hope to get back up to full song after working the last 3 months. Hoping to run the battery cables and fuel lines over the weekend. then finish up the alt and ac brkts. after using headers instead of the stock maniifolds. And after all this will take her to my buddy's exhaust shop for all the exhaust system. AND then bring her home and light her up! Hopefully! Of course, won't be able to get it all done this weekend. If I get the cables, lines, and brkts mocked up I will be a happy little camper. Hope everyone has agreat weekend!

25. Elvisaurusrex

Elvisaurusrex

Driving my Monza up from San Diego hopefully..

26. Fairlane Dave

Fairlane Dave

Just brake shoes and changing the tranny fluid/filter. If I drink enough beer, it still might take all weekend to get it done. It's all about pacing yourself and looking busy.

27. InjectorTim

InjectorTim

I'm gonna finish the headers I'm building for 283 in a 53 Buick. First attempt ever, but i think I'm over the learning curve.

28. I'm looking to get my 41 rolling under it's own power again, something that hasn't happened since 1995, I can't believe it's been that long.

29. deedster

deedster

...Thursday will be getting things in order for Springfield swap meet..Will be going there on Friday..Saturday planning to spend the day at blacktop bandits meet..See ya there........deedster