Register now to get rid of these ads!

Snow!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PoPo, Nov 7, 2008.

1. PoPo

PoPo

ok just watched the news after I got up and the temp was 38* outside. Yesterday it was 70*

the Dakotas and surrounding just got hammered. I guess winter is here :mad:

How are you guys doing up there?

2. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

Bruce, whats it like where you are?

3. nschrec

nschrec
    from St. Paul

snow here in st. paul. warming up a little so it will probably all melt off, but winter is upon us now.

4. oldspwr

oldspwr

I live in northeastern PA not far from Scranton. Last Tuesday, Oct. 28, we got 14" of snow... Then to top it off, we were out of power for 36 hours. And here I was getting ready to take my truck to work on Friday :confused: At least it's all melted by now...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Movinman

Movinman

I used to live in Lords Valley, Pa. Not too far from you. I can honestly say I do not miss any of that white stuff!

6. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

i hope this isnt an indication of what our winter is going to be like..
    up here in michigan we have been getting kinda lucky lately..
    all i can hope for is another mild winter.
    I think some city in South Dakota got 47" of snow yesterday..dam, im not ready for any of that shit.

7. And this is why I live in South Texas. It snows MAYBE once very 100 yrs where I live.

Will

8. ;) What's SNOW??
    Kingman,AZ

9. onemintcaddy

onemintcaddy

Snow is a Car cover,,,,,,,,,,,,

Attached Files:

10. bad news big guy, farmers almenac says lots of snow here this winter,,,and of course, cold as hell..............

11. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

78º here today in Sunny Charlotte, NC. I miss snow though, it makes for a better Holiday Season I think.

12. #### 82 degrees toes in the sand as me and Mrs Pro are on the beach watching the waves !!! Hah Hah >>>>.

Attached Files:

13. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Freakin' Great!....
    more choppin' and splittin'..shovelin' and waitin'

14. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

Geez, I feel kind of guilty (not really).
    Going to be in the high 70's here, blue skies all weekend.
    No long sleeves or sweatshirts for another month. I can't remember the last time I've worn a coat...maybe 5-6 years...had the same coat for 28 years, it just sits in the closet.

15. Big Dad

Big Dad

I left that stuff behind 10 years ago ..

Going to be 75 and sunny in North Texas today , beautiful this time of year :)

16. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

yeah it sucks i work in the heating buisness , phones been ringing off the hook , plus i help with the family farm which we are way behind on getting the corn out this year, got the roadster all tore down and started the mockup but lookin like it will be setting a while till i get caught up on work !

17. It's snowing in southwestern Wisconsin right now!!! :eek: I'm prepared but not happy! :rolleyes:

Max

18. Wowcars

Wowcars

We haven't seen any from that storm around Fargo, but I think it is coming. Alerts have been flashing across my screen the last two days. Really helps with the 2" of rain we've got this week.

19. FoPeed

FoPeed

71 here in N. Tejas without a cloud in the sky. Perfect Pistons & Paint weather! Blame global warming for all the snow:)

Dirtbag13-Marshalltown, home of the Made-Rite, man those are good. Have a buddy that lives down here now that grew up in Rhodes/Statecenter area. Been up there a couple of times.

20. We are fine in the Black Hills. Deadwood area got 4 feet but that is good for skiing and snowmobilers. Lots of drifting 10-20 feet hi in the Northern plains. I had almost nothing at my place and the Southern Hills was pouring concrete in the sun yesterday. Our area can vary a ton, we will be back to the 70s in a few days.

21. 70 and a chance of light rain in beautiful Suwanee

22. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

fo peed, funny you should mention that, i just fixed there furnace last week

23. Kramer

Kramer

Don't worry guys, there's global warming, remember. It's getting warmer, not colder. (Sorry, I guess it is called "Climate Change" now.)

24. Mopar34

Mopar34

I hope the Farmer's Almanac is dead wrong. Guess I will go get gas for the generator and the snow blower, throw another blanket on the cars and another log or two on the fire. Damn, I got to get the hell out of here and go South.:eek::D

25. Rootie Kazoootie

Rootie Kazoootie
    from Colorado

Grew up on the central plains of So. Dak. in the 50s-60s. I remember once when I was about 5 yrs. old, my sister and I climbing the drifts to pick icesicles off the eves of our 2 story house.

26. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

Watching the weather reports come in this morning,SESH! Sturgis got about 42 inches!!!
    Listening to these guys call in equipment outages...."Uh! we are going to need a snow cat to get out to the site"
    They ask me hows SOCAL weather......sun shine and blue skies. Man they get pissed.

27. yeah I guess it's that time of the year to say, hey "I had to take my sweater off today, it's hot out!"

28. NaKpinstriper

NaKpinstriper

Moved out of Mi. just in time!

29. Keep thinking that, I will remind you when our next 70 degree Jan day happens...............and it will.