Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features "Snoopy" Model A Hot Rod Survivor

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Denns1989, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Dropped off copies of Canadian Hot Rods to the original owner & builder last night - Original owner was home & he and his wife were very, very surprised to see the car on the cover and to see it had an 8 page writeup :) They requested copies for their son & daughter.
    Original builder was not home at the time, but I got an email later in the evening, he was very happy to see the mag in the mailbox & thanked me for bringing back lots of memories.
    Show n' shine this weekend, followed by road tour, then I think its time to replace the head gaskets & get a few more miles before going into hibernation in another month or so...

2. Jer,
    I went to pick up a copy at Walmart, there weren't any there. Did you buy them all up? I wanted a copy.

volvobrynk likes this.
  3. catdad49

catdad49

Cool stuff! Looks like this car will be appreciated by another generation. Does it get any better?!

Denns1989 and volvobrynk like this.
  4. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Yes, it gets literary adore (envied) over at least three continent and half a dozen country's! I love this rod!!

5. You hooked me up with a good gear set, I can hook you up with a copy of the magazine - probably drop one by this weekend :)

6. Thanks Jer. I appreciate that a lot. Are you doing the island tour this Saturday? I have to be back for 430PM for start of my 12 hour shift, so may not be able to go.

7. Fall Cruise on St.Joseph Island...
    20151003_113557.jpg

WC145, AHotRod, Woogeroo and 7 others like this.
  8. 35cab

35cab

My friend in Vancouver is sending over a copy of the magazine , looking forward to seeing your article. I have been following this thread from the beginning but there is still something cool about seeing stuff in print.
    Oh and that photo taken from above is great.
    Gordon.

volvobrynk and Denns1989 like this.
  9. So happy to hear a copy of the mag is making its way across the pond !

volvobrynk likes this.
  10. Slopok

Slopok

"Snoopy" out of the dog house after four decades is absolutely the best way to describe the heading for your article. How appropriate is that! Looks like a very nice article at that.

11. Hop Up Magazine had this up on their website for their Jalopy Jam Up coverage. Very cool!
    [​IMG]

12. Man it just keeps goin' and goin'!!

Denns1989 likes this.
  13. True to his word, and what else can you expect from Jeremy, he made a trip across town to drop off a copy of the magazine for me, before he headed out for the weekend's show and cruise. Thanks a lot.

14. Had a chance to check out some of the extra shots done for the mag this summer, I like the angle on this one - photo credit to Monique Sache !
    IMG_8845.jpg

WC145, AHotRod, Woogeroo and 7 others like this.
  15. 31pickemup

31pickemup

Awesome man. I need to get mine out there! Should be in the basement of Detroit this year

Denns1989 likes this.
  16. That would be great !! I sent my application for "Detroit Basement" last week - Hopefully I'm accepted, and I'll see you there !

17. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yup.

18. Finn Jensen

Finn Jensen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The Oct/Nov 2015 issue of Canadian Hot Rods did work its way down here to Rockford (Illinois). That was a very nice article on Snoopy and history with all owners. I think it is great that you are the current caretaker and respecting/appreciating this sweet little coupe

volvobrynk and Denns1989 like this.
  19. Snoopy's bachelor lean has always annoyed me ( since the day I hauled it home) this weekend I corrected the lean :)

Before :
    20151031_113119.jpg

After:

20151101_101643.jpg

The shackles are now hanging at the same angle, so it's fine with me.
    Turns out the spring was fine, but the spring mount was on a slope ! Some simple metal work & were back in business !

WC145, AHotRod, Woogeroo and 9 others like this.
  20. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

Looks good, thanks again, Gary:)

Denns1989 likes this.
  21. sololobo

sololobo

what a super story, car, and very nice caretaking. Made my afternoon hot rod fix

Denns1989 likes this.
  22. My Wife, who likes to play guitar & write songs was "inspired" by my efforts with Snoopy & while I was in the shop she was working on her own project... with a 2 year old daughter it took her awhile to get it finished... but she did...

I'm happy to share "Hot Rod Widow"

WC145, AHotRod, Jay Tyrrell and 14 others like this.
  23. Mikel50

Mikel50

Everything about Snoops journey is special, it's such an amazing story. I feel fortunate I got to follow it along as so many do.
    I can't imagine living it.

Congratulations on all your successes and memories you've resurfaced and to the new ones your making.

Denns1989 likes this.
  24. YJ4000

YJ4000

Very cool song! As stated above congrats, and thanks for sharing with us.

Ryan.

33Doll and Denns1989 like this.
  25. Jer,
    I LOVE IT!
    I said it before, I'll say it again, You are one lucky guy!
    Great wife, great daughter, great story, great life!
    Karma is a wonderful thing!
    Keep it up!

volvobrynk, Denns1989 and greaser like this.
  26. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

THANKS this story can't get any better! Gary:D

Denns1989 likes this.
  27. mike bowling

mike bowling

28. Thanks everyone, the song is fun, hopefully a big star in Nashville will want to record it :)
    My wife was a saint to put up with the time I spent in the shop last year !

29. Zigger

Zigger

Jeremy, that is an amazing song!
    When I first saw the title I expected it to be about the lady you bought it from but this is even better!
    Great car. Great article in Canadian Hot Rods.
    Hope you get it into Detroit (and I make it down this year) otherwise next year's Jam Up!

30. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Neat song.Thanks for posting.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo