Register now to get rid of these ads!

snakes on a plane naaa! snakes in a bellhousing

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MOPARMORTUARY, Oct 21, 2007.

1. MOPARMORTUARY

MOPARMORTUARY

Last night pulled a poly head out of an old pick up that was given too me this week. It had a 4bbl intake date coded for 61 and I thought it might motivate the ply again. It had a valve cover removed but everything looked god except the head with no valve cover had a lot of debris in it so I didn't bother trying to start it. I thought I would do a tear down inspection and some clean up and try to make her go. So I called it quits about 10:30 after pulling the 4 speed and then the engine. So anyhow I got up this morning and started pulling the bellhousing from the engine. The first thing I did was remove the starter. I removed the third bolt and looked inside and saw something odd. I couldn't figure out what it was but it looked like an odd colored piece of rope. Hey thats no rope its a SNAKE!!!!! luckily it was only a black snake with a bunch of yellow on it! It still scared the crap outa me! I guess a mouse had made a nest and he had camped out to find some lunch. Well anyway the snake now has a new zip code and I still have the willies!!! Chad

2. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Snakes are bad

3. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

I love New Jersey.

4. classicfins

classicfins

Yikes! LOL
    I know the feeling. Yesterday I was ripping out some damaged plywood walls and wet insulation in my shop. There is a spot near the corner on the outside of the building where the tin wall has been bent and pulled back when I hit it with a bush hog a few years ago. I had just removed the insulation and was sweeping spiderwebs out of the exposed area when a black chicken snake raised up out of the lower section of plywood and came into the shop. Harmless, but still scared the shit out of me. LOL

5. superjunkman

superjunkman
    from Austin, TX

I bought an old frame and motor a while back and when I lifted the tarp from the motor there was a laaaaarge water mocasin? on top of the intake. I moved the snake without killing him but I think it shortened my life a bit.

6. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

Only snakes I've ever seen are the ones I date.:rolleyes: I think I'd much rather find the slinky kind that make for nice belts in my block.:D

7. atomickustom

atomickustom

I still occassionaly have unsettling dreams about the snake that moved into my '53 while I was building it. (Now I put a lot of mothballs into my projects, to keep the mice out, to keep the snakes out!) Creeepy slithering little bastards! (Tried to bite me, too, once I finally caught it)

8. stillkruzn

stillkruzn
    from Conway, AR

The only good snake is a dead snake...

9. Snakes dont bother me, but damn wasps scare the absolute hell outta me. I can deal with something that slides along with no legs better than I can something that flies around and attacks in groups!! At any rate heres a snake story:
    I have a large fountain in my front yard under an oak tree. Doesnt have any fish in it, but it does usually have seveal frogs living around it. Last hear I was prowling around one of favorite wrecking yards and noticed that every mud puddle I came across was liteally filled with tiny tadpoles. So I found an old jar an collected a bunch of them to put in my lil pond/fountain. Several weeks later I noticed that my tadpoles/frogs were disappearing. My buddy came by a few days later and we got to talking and I mentioned it to him and he says "thats cuz I just seen a snake in there swimming around"! WTF! So we drained the damn thing and sure enough there was a Water Mochassin living in it, bout 18 in long, eating my tadpoles. The guy that helped me drain it (with a bucket btw) is deathly scared of snakes!

10. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Chased a Gofer snak out from under my Stude pickup on day. Wasn't expecting to meet anything under there. Yes it will get your heart pumping.

11. 2NDCHANCE

2NDCHANCE

Dont Like Snakes, Spiders, Wasps, But.... Once While Snooping Thru An Old Junk Yard My Wife Said "here Kitty" Only The Realize There Were Rat's In The Old Car With Her, Not Mice But "junk Yard Rat's". She Still Goes With Me But She Is More Careful About Opening Hoods, Trunks Or Going Into Old School Busses Full Of Junk. P.s. She Doesn't Like Ticks Either.

12. Big Dirty

Big Dirty

Know the feeling, recently I found a Racoon and a snake in the trunk of my '31 coupe. Both had apparently fought a battle of Epic proportions in my trunk and were dead but it still gave me the willy's none the less......

13. Most snakes(even the venomous ones)are basically pretty shy and only get aggressive if they are startled.They usually prefer to run after putting up a fierce show.Sort of like us humans.

Where I live we have an abundance of wild critters(someone even spotted a bobcat within a mile of my place)but for some reason no snakes.I have yet to see one here in nearly 14 years.I would actually welcome a few to try and deal with the horrendous mole population in my yard.Looks like veins running through the yard.

I would second the hatred of wasps and various other biting critters.Spiders I don't object to because they like to keep the aerial critters in check in the shop.

One type of snake I don't care for is the pet variety.I cannot imagine why someone would want to keep something like that unless they enjoy torturing smaller animals by feeding them to the snake.Any the problem with them is they get bigger! I had a friend who used to run an exotic animal rescue service and he had a boa that was nearly 14 feet long.Someone had him remove it from their home when it got so big that it tried to eat their dog!With small children in their home,they figured it was time to make a,"lifestyle adjustment".

14. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

Personally not a big fan of snakes, but I have a large scary looking buddy with a serious snake phobia.......So we're working on his yard doing some kind of cleanup and there's a couple 55 gallon burn drums on the back fence. He goes to one that's upside down, flips it on it's side to roll- it's become a snake den. Probably 18-24 inches high, nothing but one big writhing ball of harmless black garden snakes, flowing all over without the barrel to constrain em

I have never before, or since, seen someone do a 20 yard dash & projectile vomit combination of that sort. It was damn funny from where I stood :) Sorry for the OT. Back to cars

15. chaddilac

chaddilac

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaha

16. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

That 'projectile vomiting 20 yard dash' made me spit my milk and cookies!

17. Damn that is funny. . . I would pay to see that.

18. 72sst

72sst

I want those snakes!

19. RacerRick

RacerRick

I used to have a snapping turtle as a pet - big one too! He was a male and weighed 33lbs and was pretty tame. If he knew you, he would come up to you from his pond in the back yard put stretch his neck out so you could rub under his chin and neck. If you were in the back yard and someone from the family wasn't there - watch out!
    He was tame enough to me that I could hand feed him - and yes, I still have all my fingers.

Our neighbor had a 3 ft corn snake and for some reason had it in their back yard. This was years ago when I lived in a subdivision with big houses on little lots right next to each other. The corn snake managed to slither its way through the chain link fence and into the little pond I had built for the turtle, unknown to me or the owner who thought for some dumb reason that her snake would be stopped by a chain link fence. I hear a splash, and look over and a snake is dissapearing into the turtle like spagetti.

I never did tell her about what happened to her snake "Slinky". I was never that fond of snakes.

20. One time as a young kid in Mo. I was fishing at the city pond and caught a small bluegill that was really fighting. I reel this damn thing in and there's a freaking water mochassin had latched on to the tail end of this fish. My first thought was run up the bank, then I found a big rock to kill it with but busted my new fishing pole instead. I still hate them and copperheads !

21. raceratrod

raceratrod

Had a 3 1/2 ' rattle snake come to vist my shop last month .As i was working i heard oil cans and spray cans falling off the shelves.
    So i grabed my pelet gun and blew him off the wall....
    Missed the snake but got my 175 psi air line .
    The expensive way to get rid of a snake