Register now to get rid of these ads!

Snake Eye Headlight With Parking Light

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hyway Hauler, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Hyway Hauler

Hyway Hauler

Has anybody ever used thes with B-L-C 682-j buckets before?

If so, how do they perform? Would the parking light be good enough to use as a turn signal? I know I can always use Guide 682-c's, but the fact of the matter is, i have a really nice set of 682-j's. I would like some opinions on these Autoloc headlights, as they seem to be a cheap alternative at 25$ a pop.

http://www.thehoffmangroup.com/autoloc/details.lasso?itemid=HL1P

Thanks, Hauler.

2. Hyway Hauler

Hyway Hauler

3. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Headlamps are headlamps, B-L-C, Guide, whatever.

The parklamp would be ok for a turn indicator lamp is you use an orange/yellow bulb and check the bulb catalog to get the brightest candlepower lamp that will fit the socket style and under/behind the lens.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  4. I replaced the sealed 7" halogen sealed beams in my '40 Chevy with a Cibie unit using an H4 halogen bulb. At the same time I rewired to system using relays out near the lamps and using the the light switch to just turn them on and off. The operating current comes right from the alternator to the relay to the lamps. The difference is remarkable, though I'm not sure whether the new lamps or the new wiring or both were the major contributor to the improvement.

This my 2 cents worth....your results may vary.

Charlie

5. Wildfire

Wildfire

They look similar to the Model A ones with both bulbs in them. Thanks for sharing these, I might have to switch to get the parking lights.

6. flatoz

flatoz

Here in Australia, I have stumbled onto an Auto Elec who does the swaps. I have had H4 Bosch flat headlights in my ute for years, the lights were great, but I missed the curved glass of the sealed beam lights.

well this guy who does the swaps had these cheap Autopal curved glass H4 lenses. so I bought a pair and put a good pair of H4 globes in them. loved them. so I bought a pair for my roadster and then bought a pair from my olds, and then told a few other guys who have bought pairs for their cars.

check locally as I'm sure you have someone who deals in Autopal. but here is a link.

the lenses cost me $22 from memory each, then I guess your H4 globe etc. so the $80 they state would be about right fully set up. you could use the parker for an turn signal but you would want a real bright light I would think.

what I like most about the Autopal one over the snake eyes ones you listed is that they look more old style headlight, the snake eyes look modern.

check under specials.

http://h4lights.com/

7. H4 Lights

H4 Lights

Please note that the special I have listed includes an upgraded Narva XB3 bulb with the Autopal housing. I have found this combination to offer the best light output and beam pattern for the money. A standard H4 bulb can be installed and the cost is $59.99 shipped to most addresses in the U.S.

8. Adam.Perrault

Adam.Perrault
    from Phoenix AZ

we do have both the snake eyes and the tri-bar headlights with and without built in turn signals. you can check them out here;
    [​IMG]