Register now to get rid of these ads!

Smooth Firewall On Shoeboxes, whos got one?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by msalamanca, Sep 28, 2011.

1. msalamanca

msalamanca

I am working my way around the body.
    Contemplating smoothing the firewall, just leaving the air ducts. I live in So Cal, it can get chili (so cal beach weather chili haha), and the heater works fine, but not sure if I want it.
    Any one have Pics? I searched a bit, maybe I am not searching right.

I used to drive with a blanket, beanie and sweater in my other old cars.

2. big creep

big creep

i cut my fire wall out, looks way better. ill post a picture of how it looks now later.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  3. hotrod_32

hotrod_32

This one works for me.

Attached Files:

4. badshifter

badshifter

I know these are street roddy pics, the hood never gets opened. The bronze one I made a smooth recess and moved the air ducts to the inside of the inner fenders (made new inner fenders). The green one, I wanted a more OEM looking firewall, so made a slight recess for the distributor, and made new inner fenders with the air duct on the wheel side. That way you can go very low, and not hit the stock inner fenders. And, now I realize. Not what you asked anyhow.

Attached Files:

5. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I smoothed mine but don't have any pics. Just made sheetmetal panels and put em on!

6. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Here's MY favorite - "tylerdurben" here on the HAMB

[​IMG]

7. paulie_boy13

paulie_boy13
    from NC

Mine is similar to Tylers, only difference is I left the main wiring grommet hole and the choke cable hole.

8. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

I smoothed mine too,but i left the heater mounting hole.
    I am not going to ride with my shoebox at wintertime,but i think that the heater is useful thing to have in here.

9. i just removed the heater from mine and made a couple block off plates for the holes and bolted them in with the factory heater mounting holes and bought some sandwhich type electricians block offs (round) for some the larger factory holes i dont want to use

10. msalamanca

msalamanca

Thanks guys, all of you are so much help.
    I am going to take the plunge, and do it. As it looks now, I am going to fill the holes there, leaving just the fresh air ducts, wire harness, and cables (although I might relocate the last two.
    I can be a sap for original things, specially when it has old graphics.