Register now to get rid of these ads!

Smokin deal at woodlands swap meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by v8 Bake, Apr 12, 2008.

1. v8 Bake

v8 Bake

I bought a tire lathe for truing tires.Also got a model a windshield frame,a new head for my tranny jack,a brand new set of sbc aluminum heads&intake with studs guide plates and 1.6 roller rockers. Wandering if anyone else thinks they got a deal.
    Joe

2. I got cold and walked around in the fucking snow all day, but I did buy two folding chairs for $10.00. My buddies bought some stuff, and we went to Longhorns for lunch. YUMMMM Longhorns!!!!!!!!

3. 50flathead

50flathead
    from Iowa, USA

I really miss the Shriners meet since moving up here. My brother came down one year from Iowa and commented about how rust free most of the early stuff was. Kansas City is just far enough away from the rust belt that lots of stuff has survived pretty well.

4. d2_willys

d2_willys
    from Kansas

Went to meet and bought some stuff for my truck. Not bad for a free swapmeet. If wanted chevy stuff, that was the place, not much ford, chrysler stuff. And definitely not much stuff for others. Weather was absolutely horrible but we braved it out. The pork tenderloin sandwiches and the other food was great. Good prices, not gougers. I am going again in Sept, hoping the weather is more to our liking.

5. southpark

southpark
    BANNED

"Kansas City is just far enough away from the rust belt that lots of stuff has survived pretty well"

LOL. i wouldnt really say that

6. 067chevy

067chevy

bought a couple sbc intakes, offenhouser and a edelbrock performer real cheap a vega steerin box fo 100 bucks carberato studs some other odds and ends. The snow and wind was't much fun but alll and all a good day. Didn't sell my 34 car grill though

7. carkiller

carkiller

Bought four pair of f1 shock mounts, semi steer wheel for my bead roller, four nos 30x5 =600 20 firestone ribbed tires. A pair of 15x4 front runner wheels,Cold as heck. Another good day.

8. Bill H.

Bill H.

Just looking for local members. When is another local swapmeet? Goodguys show?

Bill

9. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

Heard there is a guy with the 53 Mo plates I need (just in Blue Springs), but he didn't show up, found an exhaust manifold to clear my steering and got a dual snorkel air cleaner, walked around, got cold, went to the royals game, they ran out of the jerseys cause people were taking 5 each, got real cold, heckled the minnesota fans, came home poorer.

Bill H, there will be plenty more swap meets, stay tuned. There is a KC members thread with most people listed, here

10. 067chevy

067chevy

Lawrence, Ks May 3,4

11. v8 Bake

v8 Bake

o67 chevy I saw and talked to you and didnt know until I read your post.