Register now to get rid of these ads!

Small trip to oldrods shop

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by andysdeuce, Apr 29, 2007.

1. andysdeuce

andysdeuce
    Member Emeritus

I make a small road trip to oldrods shop Saturday. Took the back roads and had a great time talking shop with oldrod, his sons,inkoreck and even a few passersby. Oldrod has a nice shop and a kickass "A" roadster about ready for the road. Here are a few pics of his A.

Attached Files:

2. andysdeuce

andysdeuce
    Member Emeritus

How about a couple more pics...

Attached Files:

3. sawbuck

sawbuck
    from 06492 ct

nice lookin car he has there

4. SKRTCHSR

SKRTCHSR
    from Cincinnati

Looks Cool to me :) Im in Cincy, how far is the shop from me? Back roads please...

5. Old Rod

Old Rod
    from Brazil, IN

Andy, You take good pics, it was good day, we will have to get together
    again. Nice way to spend an afternoon. Old Rod

6. Dirty2

Dirty2

Nice looking roadster .

7. cabriolethiboy

cabriolethiboy

Bob, the 29 looks really good. I saw it on TV again last week. For those of you that don't know it was the 29 hiboy that was in "Hot Rods to Hell" I am still going to make it over. Am I going to see it on the road this summer?
    Don, I regret not going over there with you but I am too far behind right now.

8. Old Rod

Old Rod
    from Brazil, IN

I was hoping you could make it. 29' has been on 30yr rest, I better get it done B4 I get too old!! Bob

9. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

Thats a bitchin little roadster you have there Old rod!!!

I was under the impression you were building a 29 Sedan. I now have nothing to worry about. You Roadster guys are in a couple classes above us Sedan guys.

Sorry I could not make the trip. I have been really busy trying to fix quite a few little things on my car before the Jalopy Showdown trip. I will make it over there this summer to see you guys. I also want to go and see Inkorects Sedan project. Since your roadster will be going and I will have my sedan we can pull up in the drive way and supervise. He seems to need a little motivation.

You guys take care and I will see you soon.

10. andysdeuce

andysdeuce
    Member Emeritus

Tracy, you and the rest of the guys need to check out inkorect's project. It certainly blew my mind (or whats left of it). Talking about thinking outside the box...this young guy definitely has some skills!!!

'27 "T" sedan body..buick frame..mopar front axle..stude motor with two old back draft carbs..old chevy type front end but instead of being underslung it's mounted on top of the rails to get it in the weeds. I would have loved to have got some pics of it but my batteries were dying in my camera. John I would like to come down one weekend and take a bunch of pics of your car and let these guys see what you have going on..they ain't gonna believe it!!!:D He also has a neat stude wagon he is going to bag. A silver hawk engine with the paxton blower is going to be the motivation for it!!!When I get the pics posted John will have to tell you the details on the build because I can't remember half of them...old age strikes again!!!:mad: :D