Register now to get rid of these ads!

Small block mopar Dizzy help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by marq, Oct 11, 2006.

1. marq

marq

Hi all,Sometime back a very clever HAMBer (name forgot oooooooooops)helped me out with an electronic dizzy for my sbc.Now this very clever hamber had made it up out of a sbm dizzy and a sbc dizzy and it has an electronic gizmo that is screwed to and under the base and a pickup sensor inside.The thing has been really really reliable so i wondered if anyone has done this to a sbm dizzy .I am in need of a sbm dizzy anyway so any techs out there?can anyone help?.................Marq

2. Duration

Duration
    from Wayne, MI

Not sure what your asking, but when it comes to distributors for mopars its hard to beat the Direct Connection electronic ignition conversion kits. They come with a new electronic distributor, balast resistor, module and wiring. I used one on my old Duster and its an excellent package.

3. GTS225

GTS225

Marq....you looking for any SBM dizzy, or an electronic one?

What Duration said above is true, but if you already have a points-type, you could convert it with an insert that replaces your breaker plate.

Roger

4. boozoo

boozoo

Try out these guys if you need something new.
    http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/vacadeldis.html

Mancini Racing is pretty reputable vendor among Mopar guys. You can also get an electronic dizzy and convert it to use a GM HEI module instead of the Mopar ECU.