Register now to get rid of these ads!

Small block Chevy I.D. Help!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 50scotbolt, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Thought i'd bring this over to the main board,I tried posting this in the 283-350 Chevy engine social group,but it sure is quiet there.......
    Here's the thread. http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/group.php?do=discuss&discussionid=29090

Can any of you Chevy gurus out there help,it's bad enough trying to get parts here in good ole' Blighty as it is!
    Thanks in advance.

2. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

I cant see it, Whats the cranksaft look like on the clutch end???, that's the truthfully best way to tell,,,, After all, a 4" block can be a 283 (bored to 301 or stroked to 383+) 307 (bored to 327 or stroked to 350+) 302 327 350 or 383

3. Agrafagr

Agrafagr
    BANNED
    from Argentina

I take generic priligy pill and it works as expected but after sexual intercourse I sometimes feel muscle pain in the back and fatigue. I do not know if this is because I work like a stud or it is a side effect. Anyway I am lucky that I gave it a try. buy celebrex

Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  4. mikeallcars

mikeallcars

:):)Look for the casting number on the back of the engine block on the left side of the engine and the engine suffix code ison the pad on front of the engine on a pad in front of the right head unless it has been machiened off if the block was machiened .

5. koth

koth

The link wouldn't work for me. It said invalid social group. You want to cut and paste your note to this forum?

6. Koth,not sure what the problem is with the link, but basically the engine came from an '81 C3 Corvette with a TH350C trans.

The engine # is V0809800

It make good oil pressure,doesn't knock,smoke or overheat,so other than removing the valve covers,and a good flush,I've never felt the need to 'go inside' for a look.
    All ancillaries are correct for the car as well.

7. XXL__

XXL__

Generic 4-bolt 350.

8. henry29

henry29

I believe the 9800 is a part# for a crate engine.

9. squirrel

squirrel

V0809 is the date, 800 could be the suffix for a crate engine, but I haven't paid much attention to them. It's not an original 81 vette engine, though. If it were it would be ZDA or something similar.

10. Thanks for the info guys,it's not the end of the world if it's not an original.
    The '81 was one of the least powerfull small blocks ever fitted to a 'vette anyway.
    If it is in fact a crate motor,that suits me just fine.
    I might get it dyno'd when I get it on the road,just to satisfy my curiosity....

As I said in my original post it makes good oil pressure,doesn't knock,smoke or overheat.
    Good enough for me!
    I guess the only way to be really sure is to tear it down,something i'm not wanting to,or can afford to do just now.