Register now to get rid of these ads!

Small Block Chevy Engine Code ? HELP HELP HELP

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AKATIREGUY, Nov 30, 2004.

1. AKATIREGUY

AKATIREGUY

Buddy has a Chevy small block in his truck with engine code of FO7I6J This is on the front of the block just below the passenger side head. I've been all over the net and all over mortec.com but I cant decode this. He says the numbers are clear as day and that is a 6 and that is an I. Let me know what you think. No he's not on drugs. not today

2. Darby

Darby

3. AKATIREGUY

AKATIREGUY

I saw that sight earlier. Im confused with the 6J suffix. All the charts I find need two or three letter suffix, with no numbers. My buddy Jeff I think is smokin some wierd shit.

4. DIRTYT

DIRTYT
    from Warren,MI

those numbers dont matter. u need to get the ones off the back by where the bellhousing bolts up on the driverside of the block.

5. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    those numbers dont matter. u need to get the ones off the back by where the bellhousing bolts up on the driverside of the block.

[/ QUOTE ] <font color="green">YUP! </font>

6. AKATIREGUY

AKATIREGUY

Thats what I figured. Thanks guys

7. Along with the block casting number(top rear left)it might help to have the casting date off the top right rear of the block to help narrow down the missing code. It will be a letter(month), one or two numbers(date), then another number(year).
    That I 6 J on the pad just don't sound right [​IMG] Sounds like it should be F0716J? or J?? (Flint assy, July 16, code J? or J??)

mid-tenn mike