Register now to get rid of these ads!

Slow Times, Mini Update.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRodToomer, Sep 10, 2008.

1. HotRodToomer

HotRodToomer
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

so i havent been doing much, since i've been going back to school im kinda whiped out when i get home and it rained the past 3 days badly.
    but i have gotten a bit done.
    other then the plug wires, the engines done, all the hoses, belts, exaust manifold, all of its done.
    gas pedals in and working magicaly, nice firm feel. i hate when the pedal just falls under the weight of your foot.
    brakes are bled, and the pedal hooked to the plunger.
    got a little creative with the tach, was tired of trying to figure how to mount it with the bracket, so i tried using the nut on the backside of it and put it in the ciggarette lighter hole, so now my tach's where i can see and my dash trim doesnt flop.
    And now that i know how to use the tire changer at Auto-shop, i'll see how soon i can get them switched.
    Also i was told by a company that specializes in 58's that a 61-61 chevy pitman arm and center link will fix my woes.
    finally i changed the Vent window housing to the chrome one, relitively easy and looks a whole bunch better now.
    so now its closer, sitting on top of the wall just waiting to jump over.
    We will see within a couple weeks. Enjoy the pictures.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. skunx1964

skunx1964

nice to see another 58 in progress

3. HotRodToomer

HotRodToomer
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

thank you.
    yeah, not many people around here have any, and the only 2 are an nice impala H/T and an frame offed Impala convert.
    I was told the other day talking about 58's a kid my age, (19), would "have a fat chance getting a 58'.........haha, go figure.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2008
  4. HotRodToomer

HotRodToomer
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

better shots of the engine, the others were a bit washed out from the sun.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. HotRodToomer

HotRodToomer
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Tires are all loaded up for tomarrow, Get to change them out myself.
    Now this could either end well or very badly.
    going to try and take the Accel coil out of its HEI topper and put it in the Delco-Remy HEI distributor, this way, i get the look i want, no ugly shit brown, and i still have the amped up juice running to the plugs.
    then i have to work on putting the cadillac pull down on the trunk because sadly, its all i have to work with, a rubber tie strap only cuts it for so long.
    that and oversized zip ties holding the bumpers on, Nooooooo more.